Easy 7 Layer Dip. Loaded with tons of Mexican favorites! The perfect appetizer for parties or game day. Serve with tortilla chips and vegetables!
This Easy 7 Layer Dip is always my go to appetizer to bring to parties or get togethers. It’s super easy to make and everyone loves it. My 7 layer bean dip starts with refried beans mixed with taco seasoning then layered with guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, black olives, tomatoes and green onions.
Most of the ingredients in this dip you can make from scratch or you can purchase store bought.
Ingredients for 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Refried beans: Use store bought or try my homemade Refried Black Bean Recipe.
- Taco Seasoning: You can make your own taco seasoning at home or use a pre-made packet.
- Sour Cream: For a lower calorie version substitute half of the sour cream for greek yogurt.
- Guacamole: My Spicy Chipotle Guacamole or Healthy Greek Yogurt Guacamole are both great options!
- Salsa: Jarred or fresh salad work! I love making fresh Pico De Gallo and adding it to the dip.
- Lettuce: I like to use shredded romaine lettuce. Butter lettuce or iceburg would also work.
- Mexican Cheese: I like to use a blend of shredded Mexican Cheese. Shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey jack would be amazing as well!
- Black Olives: If you don’t like olives swap them out with pickled jalapeños or fresh cilantro.
- Tomatoes:I prefer to use roma or grape tomatoes in this recipe.
- Green Onions: Add the perfect touch of color!
- Red Onions: If the taste of raw red onion is too strong for you soak the onion in water for 30 minutes to help soften the flavors.
How to make 7 Layer Dip
- This dip is super easy to make! Start by combining refried beans and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Spread the mixture into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Next layer sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce, Mexican cheese, olives, tomatoes, green onions and red onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat and serve with tortilla chips or veggies for dipping.
Optional Add in’s
- Seasoned Ground Beef
- Pickled Red Onions
- Fresh of pickled jalapeños
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salsa Verde
Here are more easy appetizer recipes to try!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Toasted Ravioli
- Homemade Pretzel Bites
- Baked BLT Dip
- Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Easy 7 Layer Dip
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 1 1/4 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onions diced
In a small bowl combine refried beans and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture into a 13 x 9 pan.
Next layer sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives, tomatoes, green onions and red onions.
Serve with tortilla chips or veggies for dipping.