Spicy Chipotle Guacamole. Smokey, spicy and loaded with flavor. Perfect as a snack or appetizer! Just in time for Cinco De Mayo!
Looking for an easy appetizer for Cinco De Mayo? I’ve got you covered.
This guacamole is smokey, spicy, chunky and loaded with flavor. If you like spicy foods than this guac is for you. Chipotles in adobo is my secret weapon for spicing up foods and adding a wonderful smokiness. If you haven’t tried it yet your missing out.
The chipotles add a smokey flavor to the guacamole as well as tons of heat. You can customize the spiciness to your likening. I typically start off with one chipotle pepper and add more if I want it spicier.
This guacamole is extremely easy to make. Simply combine avocado, chipotle peppers, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes and lime juice in a medium bowl. Make sure not to mash up the avocado too much. I like those big chunks of avocado in my guacamole.
If you are making this for a party you can make part of this ahead of time. I like to chop up my ingredients and toss them together the night before. Right before serving I add in the avocado.
I typically tell the ripeness of an avocado first by the color. If it’s dark green (like the ones pictures below) it’s most likely ripe. If it’s bright green it needs some more time to ripen. I then lightly squeeze to see if they are soft which is a good sign that they are ripe.
If your going to make guacamole you have to make your own tortilla chips. They are so much better and worth the effort.
Love this Spicy Chipotle Pepper Guacamole? Here are some more Cinco De Mayo Recipes to try!
Spicy Chipotle Pepper Guacamole
- 2 avocados cut in half, pitted and roughly diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo peppers only, minced (depending on how spicy you like it. You can also add some of the sauce for more heat)
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 3 tablespoons tomatoes diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix to combine making sure not to mash up all of the avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips!
- If making ahead of time add all of the ingredients together except for the avocado. Right before serving add in the avocado and mix. Serve immediately.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!