Super Easy Thai Salmon. Pan fried salmon topped with a sweet Thai chili sauce. Ready in less than 20 minutes!
Salmon is always my go to dinner. It’s quick, easy and mild. This time I pan fried my salmon and served it with a thai chili sauce. It is AMAZING! It’s the perfect blend of sticky, sweet and tangy.
Pan frying the salmon in a hot pan keeps the salmon crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The high heat and quick cooking helps to seal in the moisture especially when you have the skin left on the salmon.
While the salmon in cooking I whip up the sauce. In a small saucepan I sauté garlic and ginger in a little bit of oil. I take them off the heat and whisk in thai chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and fish sauce. After the salmon has finished cooking I brush it with the sauce.
Easy Thai Salmon
- 2 salmon filets skin on
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- cilantro for serving
- chopped peanut for serving
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add in the salmon skin side down.
- Cook salmon for 5-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).
- Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan.
- Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked and looks opaque.
- Meanwhile In a small saucepan heat the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add in garlic and ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in thai chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Brush the thai chili sauce on top of the salmon.
- When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!