Super Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches. Tender and juicy pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce.
Slow cookers are a great way to cook pulled pork low and slow without keeping the oven on all day. The meat ends up super tender, juicy and loaded with flavor. These Pulled Pork Sandwiches are really easy to make and are pretty much impossible to mess up.
When I say this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is easy to make I mean it. I place the pork roast in the slow cooker overnight and when I wake up I have perfectly cooked tender pulled pork. I like to cook the pulled pork overnight and place in the fridge to reheat for dinner. You will need 11 hours to cook this pulled pork so make sure you give yourself enough time to cook.
The roast gets cooked in a homemade dry rub made of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. There is no liquid added to the slow cooker.
How to make pulled pork in a slow cooker
To make these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork in the slow cooker and rub with the seasoning. Take out the roast and strain the liquid. Shred the pork and add back to the slow cooker along with you favorite barbecue sauce. Cook for an additional hour and serve! Use homemade barbecue sauce, store bought or try my Bourbon Barbecue Sauce.
What to serve with pulled pork
- The BEST Cornbread
- Three Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- The BEST Baked Beans
- Berry Fruit Salad
Here are more delicious Sandwich Recipes to try!
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
- Asian Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Italian BLT Grilled Cheese
- Easy Grilled Vegetable Panini
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
- 4 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- burger buns for serving
- Drizzle oil in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika and light brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub with the spice blend.
- Cover and cook the roast on low for 10 hours.
- Take the meat out of the slow cooker and discard the leftover juice.
- Shred the meat and add back to the slow cooker. Pour in the barbecue sauce and cook the pork for an additional hour on low.
- Serve the pulled pork on buns with coleslaw if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!