Asian Sloppy Joes. Ground chicken smothered in hoisin sauce, ketchup and lots of fresh ginger and garlic!
These Asian Style Sloppy Joe Sandwiches are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal. This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes! Simply brown the ground chicken then add in fresh ginger and garlic. Next stir in the sauce ingredients then serve!
These sandwiches have all the flavors of the classic sloppy joe you love but with an Asian style twist!
I use hoisin sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic for the sauce. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tangy.
I like to serve my Asian Sloppy Joe’s with slaw on a brioche bun. You can also reserve extra sauce on the side for dipping!
Asian Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 brioche buns
- slaw for serving, if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add in ginger and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes to heat through and thicken.
- Serve immediately on brioche buns with slaw if desired.