Super Easy Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Meatballs. The perfect blend of spicy and sweet! They make a great appetizer or main dish!
It’s no secret that I post a lot of meatball recipes. As evidence here and here and here. These Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Meatballs are one of my favorites. I added a sweet and spicy twist to these meatballs and cooked them low and slow in a slow cooker.
These meatballs take very little effort and a little bit of prep time.
Throw everything together and let it work it’s magic. These meatballs take 2 hours to cook in the slow cooker and can be made in advance and kept warm if you are serving them at a party.
I like to brown the meatballs in a super hot skillet before adding them to the slow cooker. This adds tons of flavor and gives them a nice caramelization on the outside.
These chicken meatballs are simmered in a sweet and spicy firecracker sauce. I use equal parts buffalo sauce and brown sugar with a splash of soy sauce.
This is a perfect make ahead appetizer or dinner. Make the meatballs in advance and freeze any leftovers. You can also toss them in the sauce and throw in a crock pot to keep warm.
Love these Italian Meatballs? Here are some more meatball recipes to try:
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Arugula and Mushrooms
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs
Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- chopped parsley for serving, if desired
- crushed red pepper flakes for serving, if desired
- In a large bowl combine chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, garlic and parsley. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs. I made about 2 dozen meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil. Spray with a bit of cooking spray.
- Brown meatballs under the broiler (I use the high setting) until browned. About 6 minutes on each side. Flip half way through.
- Place meatballs in the slow cooker and add in the buffalo sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Serve warm with chopped parsley and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired!