Baked Firecracker Chicken Thighs brushed with a sweet and spicy firecracker sauce. All you need is 5 ingredients and less than 1 hour to make this dish!
Firecracker sauce is one of my favorites! I first introduced you guys to this amazing sauce with my Slow Cooker Firecracker Meatballs and my 20 Minute Firecracker Salmon. This sauce is amazing! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. The sauce is made up of equal parts buffalo sauce and brown sugar with a splash of soy sauce.
- Bone in and skin on chicken thighs: You can substitute boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Just make sure to shorten the cooking time.
- Buffalo sauce: You can’t make firecracker sauce without buffalo sauce. I love using franks hot sauce!
- Light brown sugar: Adds a nice sweetness to the sauce.
- Low sodium soy sauce: If you don’t have low sodium soy sauce you can substitute regular soy sauce with a splash of water. Coconut aminos can be used too!
- Crushed red pepper flakes: Are used for a little kick. If you want the sauce to be milder omit the red pepper flakes.
How to make Baked Firecracker Chicken
This dish is super easy to make. Simply whisk together buffalo sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Brush onto the chicken thighs and bake until fully cooked. When they are done I like to broil them for 1-2 minutes to brown and crisp up the skin. I like to reserve some of the sauce and heat it up to serve with the chicken.
What to serve with Baked Firecracker Chicken
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
Baked Firecracker Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine buffalo sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce
- Add the chicken thighs to the prepared pan. Brush half the sauce on the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken reaches 175 degrees, 30-40 minutes. Half way through cooking brush with the remaining sauce. You can also reserve some sauce and heat it up to serve with the chicken for dipping!
- Turn the broiler on high and cook until the skin gets browned and crispy, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!