Sticky Tender Asian Chicken Thighs smothered in a sweet and spicy Asian inspired sauce. Juicy, tender and loaded with flavor!
Why has it taken me so long to make chicken thighs?! I’ve actually never prepared them before and almost always reach for chicken breasts when at the grocery store. I decided to give them a try and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
The great thing about chicken thighs is that they have a bit more fat than chicken breast which means juicier chicken. They are also harder to dry out then a chicken breast making them virtually fool proof. And if you choose bone in (like me) it adds a lot more flavor.
I brown the chicken in a super hot pan before it goes in the oven. This gives it a nice caramelization and crisp on the outside. I did end up with some grease in my pan (because of the skin). Drain the oil out of the pan or dab it with a paper towel to get the excess oil out. You can use skinless chicken thighs to combat this. I personally prefer the skin.
The chicken gets coated in a sticky asian style sauce. Sweet with a hint of spice. The sauce is made with soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, ginger and light brown sugar.
This dish comes together in about 45 minutes. While I am searing the chicken I whisk together the sauce and preheat the oven. The chicken takes about 25-30 minutes in the oven. Serve with a side of veggies and rice.
This dish is worth turning on the oven for!
Love these Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs? Here are some more chicken recipes to try!
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Sriracha Chicken
- Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry
- One Pan Italian Chicken Skillet
Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is nice and hot add in the chicken skin side down.
- Cook until the outside is crisp and caramelized, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile whisk together, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, ginger, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic.
- Add it to the pan with the chicken and turn off the heat.
- Place in the oven and cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. This takes about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve while hot with sesame seeds and parsley for garnish, if desired.