Super Easy 20 Minute Sriracha Chicken. Pan fried chicken thighs marinated in a sweet and spicy sriracha sauce.
These chicken thighs are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. I made this recipe with chicken thighs to keep the chicken tender and juicy on the inside as well as crispy on the outside.
This recipe is super simple. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large bowl, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade to brush on top before serving.
There is a good amount of spice in this recipe. If you are not a fan of the heat reduce the amount of sriracha or add more soy sauce or water.
I marinade the chicken while the pan is heating up. I love cooking my chicken in my cast iron grill pan. A regular cast iron pan or a nonstick skillet would also work. Cook the chicken for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. The chicken comes out super juicy, tender and loaded with flavor.
Serve the chicken with rice for a super easy weeknight meal.
20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- ½ cup water
- fresh cilantro for serving, if desired
- lime wedges for serving, if desired
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and water to a medium bowl. Reserve ¼ of the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinade while the oil is heating up.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or cast iron grill pan.
- When the pan is nice and hot add in the chicken skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.