Easy 20 Minute Sriracha Chicken. Pan fried chicken thighs marinated in a sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce. This chicken goes perfectly with a bed of fried rice. Serve with fresh cilantro and a wedge of lime for added flavor!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
These honey Sriracha chicken thighs are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. I made this recipe with bone in skin on chicken thighs to keep the chicken tender and juicy on the inside as well as crispy on the outside.
This recipe is super simple. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large bowl, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade to brush on top before serving.
There is a good amount of spice in this recipe. If you are not a fan of the heat, reduce the amount of Sriracha or add more soy sauce or water.
I marinate the honey Sriracha chicken while the pan is heating up. You can marinate the chicken the night before to save on time and really tenderize the chicken!
I love cooking my chicken in my cast iron grill pan. A regular cast iron pan or a nonstick skillet would also work. Cook the chicken for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. The chicken comes out super juicy, tender and loaded with flavor.
Serve the chicken with rice for a super easy weeknight meal. This chicken takes only 5 minutes of prep time and only requires 5 ingredients! Best of all everything is ready in under 20 minutes! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bone in and skin on chicken thighs: I love using bone in and skin on chicken thighs in this recipe. The skin gets crispy on the outside and the bone helps it to stay juicy on the inside. This recipe can be made with boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Just make sure to shorten the cooking time.
- Olive oil: I like using extra virgin olive oil. Use whatever cooking oil you have on hand.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce: If you do not have low sodium soy sauce you can substitute regular soy sauce and add a splash of water so it’s not too salty. You can also substitute coconut aminos for a gluten free version!
- Light brown sugar: Adds a nice sweetness to the sauce. Honey or regular sugar can also be substituted.
- Sriracha: Is added for a little kick. Adjust the amount of Sriracha to taste. If you don’t want the spice just omit.
- For serving: Lime wedges and fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
How to Make This Recipe
My 20 minute sriracha chicken recipe can be made it just a few simple steps:
- Make the Marinade: Add soy sauce, brown sugar (or honey), sriracha and water to a medium bowl. Mix well and reserve 1/4 of the marinade for later.
- Add Chicken: Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate while the oil is heating up in a pan.
- Heat the Oil: Heat the oil in a large skillet or cast iron grill pan.
- Sear the Chicken: When the pan is nice and hot, add in the chicken, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush with More Sauce: Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve: Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lim wedges if desired! Enjoy!
You can eat 20 minute sriracha chicken alone or pair it with some sides to create a well rounded meal! Here are some of my favorites:
- White or brown rice. For a low carb option try cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Steamed vegetables
- Chow mein noodles
- Lo mein
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Be sure to preheat the pan! This chicken is best if the pan is nice and hot to create a nice sear on the chicken.
- Don’t like spice? If you aren’t a huge sriracha lover, you can try my Asian Chicken Thighs which have a similar flavor profile but don’t rely heavily on the sriracha!
- Try cooking these on the grill! During the warm weather months, these 20 minute sriracha chicken thighs would be absolutely delicious if cooked on the grill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use another cut of chicken?
You definitely can! I like chicken thighs because they are juicy and harder to over cook. But this recipe would be delicious with chicken breast or boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer!
How can I tell when the chicken is done cooking?
Since these chicken thighs have bones in them, they take a little longer to cook than a chicken breast does. In order to be sure that the chicken is cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Chicken thighs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F!
How should I store leftover sriracha chicken?
Store any leftover sriracha chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. To reheat, just pop it in the microwave until heated through!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Try
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and water to a medium bowl. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinade while the oil is heating up.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or cast iron grill pan.
- When the pan is nice and hot add in the chicken skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.