Easy 20 Minute Sriracha Chicken. Pan fried chicken thighs marinated in a sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce. Serve with fresh cilantro and a wedge of lime!
20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
These honey Sriracha chicken thighs are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. I made this recipe with bone in skin on chicken thighs to keep the chicken tender and juicy on the inside as well as crispy on the outside.
This recipe is super simple. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large bowl, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade to brush on top before serving.
There is a good amount of spice in this recipe. If you are not a fan of the heat reduce the amount of Sriracha or add more soy sauce or water.
I marinate the honey Sriracha chicken while the pan is heating up. You can marinate the chicken the night before to save on time and really tenderize the chicken!
I love cooking my chicken in my cast iron grill pan. A regular cast iron pan or a nonstick skillet would also work. Cook the chicken for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. The chicken comes out super juicy, tender and loaded with flavor.
Serve the chicken with rice for a super easy weeknight meal. This chicken takes only 5 minutes of prep time and only requires 5 ingredients! Best of all everything is ready in under 20 minutes! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bone in and skin on chicken thighs: I love using bone in and skin on chicken thighs in this recipe. The skin gets crispy on the outside and the bone helps it to stay juicy on the inside. This recipe can be made with boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Just make sure to shorten the cooking time.
- Olive oil: I like using extra virgin olive oil. Use whatever cooking oil you have on hand.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce: If you do not have low sodium soy sauce you can substitute regular soy sauce and add a splash of water so it’s not too salty. You can also substitute coconut aminios for a gluten free version!
- Light brown sugar: Adds a nice sweetness to the sauce. Honey or regular sugar can also be substituted.
- Sriracha: Is added for a little kick. Adjust the amount of Sriracha to taste. If you don’t want the spice just omit.
- For serving: Lime wedges and fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
What to serve with this 20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
- White or brown rice. For a low carb option try cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Steamed vegetables
- Chow mein noodles
- Lo mein
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar depending on how sweet you like it
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh cilantro for serving if desired
- lime wedges for serving if desired
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha and water to a medium bowl. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinade while the oil is heating up.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or cast iron grill pan.
- When the pan is nice and hot add in the chicken skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.