How To Make Spicy Mayo
Sweet and creamy with a kick of spice, you won’t be able to get enough of this Spicy Mayo Recipe! Ready in less than 5 minutes, it’s made with just 3 ingredients that you’ll already have in your pantry. Perfect as a dip, on burgers, or on Sushi!
I love making my own condiments because I know exactly what goes in them! Try my DIY Barbecue Sauce that goes on everything and my homemade chutney is sweet, spicy, and addictive!
The BEST Spicy Mayo Recipe
I love recipes that tick certain boxes: easy, quick, and few ingredients. This Spicy Mayo recipe is all of those things, and so much more! Made with 3 ingredients you have in your pantry: mayonnaise, Sriracha, and sesame oil, this condiment is ready in no time at all.
I added Sriracha instead of regular hot sauce to my spicy mayo recipe because it adds sweetness as well as tang and heat. I also really love the taste of the puréed ripened chilis in the Sriracha sauce. They not only add heat but a pepper flavor. It’s SO good!
This Sriracha mayo recipe will keep for a long time, and you can use it in many different ways. Try adding it as a drizzle on tacos, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and as a dip for fries. I love to use this spicy mayo for sushi and sushi bowls as well. It tastes just like the restaurant version!
Ingredients for this Spicy Mayo Recipe
- Mayonnaise: I used regular, store-bought mayonnaise for ease. You can choose your favorite kind: reduced-fat, fat-free, olive oil, avocado oil, or vegan if you want to avoid the eggs. You can even make your own!
- Sriracha: Made with ripened puréed chilis, Sriracha is a bright red, sweet, spicy, and tangy Asian condiment that you can find in the International aisle at the supermarket.
- Sesame Oil: Toasted sesame oil is used primarily in Asian cuisine for its delicious, nutty flavor. I just had to add a touch to add that amazing aroma to this dip.
How to make Spicy Mayo
It’s really simple! All you need is 3 ingredients to make this spicy mayo.
- Measure out the ingredients and add them to a small bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients either with a spoon or a mini whisk.
- Continue mixing until the ingredients are fully combined and then serve it straight away, or store the spicy mayo recipe in the fridge for later!
Storage Instructions for this Spicy Mayo Recipe
- Store this spicy mayonnaise in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month. This recipe is perfect for making a big batch and leaving it in the refrigerator for whenever the craving for spicy mayo strikes.
Tips for Success
- Switch up the spice! Instead of Sriracha, you could try adding buffalo sauce, or your favorite hot sauce.
- Like it spicier? Add in more Sriracha!
- Less spicy? Reduce the amount of Sriracha added to this spicy mayo recipe, and increase the amount of mayonnaise if needed.
- Try making your own mayo! It’s a lot easier than you’d think, and healthier too!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is spicy mayo made of? Just three ingredients: mayonnaise, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- What is the different between spicy mayo and yum yum sauce? Yumyum sauce has mayonnaise, ketchup or tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and a little hot sauce, whereas a spicy mayo recipe is made with mayonnaise, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- How do you use this spicy mayo? I use this spicy mayo for sushi and sushi bowls, Asian-inspired tacos, burgers, and hot dogs!
What can I serve this Spicy Mayo recipe with?
- Salmon Sushi Bowls
- Ahi Tuna Tacos
- Asian Sloppy Joes
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- French Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Drizzled on top of Beef Fried Rice! If you’ve never drizzled spicy mayo on your fried rice your missing out!
More homemade condiments you will love
How To Make Spicy Mayo
Sweet and creamy with a kick of spice, you won't be able to get enough of this Spicy Mayo Recipe! Ready in less than 5 minutes, it's made with just 3 ingredients that you'll already have in your pantry. Perfect as a dip, on burgers, or on Sushi!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!