Loaded with incredible flavor, this Honey Jalapeno Ranch is sweet, creamy, tangy, and spicy! Not to mention it can be made in less than 5 minutes! Perfect as a dip or a salad dressing, this quick and easy Jalapeno Ranch will become a weekly staple in your home.
We love to throw together healthy salads with amazing dressings throughout the year! This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad has a mouthwatering Spicy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing that you won’t be able to get enough of, and the Creamy Poppyseed Dressing on this Strawberry Spinach Salad is absolutely addictive!
I love pantry staples recipes that take no time to make. This Honey Jalapeno Ranch is ready in just 5 minutes and it is SO easy. All you have to do is toss the ingredients together in a blender (or food processor), pulse for 30-60 seconds, and you’re done! How simple is that? It takes less time than picking up a salad dressing at the supermarket. Quick and easy recipes make like so much easier!
Now when I say this dressing is spicy I mean it. It’s spicy! You first taste the cool creamy sour cream and then the heat of the jalapeno sneaks up on you. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. If you’re not the biggest fan of spicy food, use half a jalapeño instead, and make sure you remove all of the seeds as well!
As this dressing makes a total of 2 cups, I always have plenty to last throughout the week. This Jalapeño Ranch recipe is perfect as a salad dressing, taco or burrito topping, or as a dip for grilled chicken, fries, or pizza!
Ingredients for Honey Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Jalapeño: Spicy and hot, I added one jalapeño to this creamy jalapeño ranch recipe, with the seeds removed. If you want extra heat just leave the seeds in!
- Honey: Honey is mixed in for sweetness and flavor. It is delicious!
- Sour Cream: I chose sour cream as the main base of this Jalapeño Ranch recipe as it is super creamy and thick. When mixed with the other ingredients, it becomes the perfect density for a dip or salad dressing.
- Herbs: Garlic and cilantro make this dressing pop! You could also throw in some dill, parsley, or chives if you love that herby ranch flavor.
- Lime: Lime brings a hint of acidity, cutting through the honey.
How to make Jalapeno Ranch Dressing in a Blender
It couldn’t be easier – just 2 steps:
- Add everything to a blender. Add garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, honey, cilantro, and lime juice to a blender. Throw in a couple of teaspoons of some extra herbs like dill, parsley, and chives if desired.
- Blend! Pulse the ingredients for 30 seconds and then scrape the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula. Pulse for another 30 seconds or until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
How Can I make this Honey Jalapeno Ranch spicier?
There are a couple of options! You can leave the seeds in instead of removing them entirely. The seeds hold the main heat of spicy peppers and definitely give this Honey Jalapeno Ranch dressing a boost! Another option is adding an extra half or whole jalapeño. I would start with half and add more as needed.
If you want to make it a little less spicy, use half a jalapeño with the seeds removed.
What Recipes does this spicy dressing go with?
As a salad dressing:
- Mexican Kale Salad
- The BEST Broccoli Salad
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- Blackened Shrimp Salad
- Steak Salad with Grilled Asparagus and Mushrooms
As a dip:
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Pepperoni Bread
- Toasted Ravioli
- Homemade Spicy Pita Chips
- Baked French Fries
- Homemade Pretzel Bites
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
More dips and sauces you will love
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mixed Berry Compote
- Homemade Chimichurri Sauce
- DIY Barbecue Sauce
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Easy Salsa Verde
- 5 Ingredient Homemade Pesto
- Homemade Balsamic Reduction
Honey Jalapeno Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 medium jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Add garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, honey, cilantro and lime juice to a blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds then scrape the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula. Pulse for another 30 seconds or until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.