Thick and Rich Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce simmered low and slow for 8 hours! A quick and easy make ahead meal that makes tons of leftovers!
There’s nothing like slow cooked pasta sauce that’s been simmering on the stove all day. It’s even better when you can make it in a slow cooker. Loaded with spicy Italian sausage, fire roasted and crushed tomatoes. This sauce is simmered low and slow for 8 hours! The sauce gets super thick, rich and loaded with flavor.
This slow cooker tomato sauce is rich, hearty and comforting. The perfect meal for busy weeknights or Sunday dinner.
This recipe makes enough to serve 6-8 people and always leaves tons of leftovers.
This sauce is super easy to throw together and only takes 5 minutes of prep time. I like to brown my sausage in a skillet before adding it to the slow cooker for extra flavor. I know it’s an extra step but it is totally worth it! Throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to an awesome home cooked meal.
Serve this Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce over spaghetti or zucchini noodles (my favorite!)
How to make Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Brown sausage: Add sausage to a medium skillet and cook until browned. (It does not need to be cooked through, just browned on the outside for extra flavor. You can skip this step if you do not have time.)
- Cook: Add browned sausage, along with the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook sauce on low for 8 hours.
- Serve: Over pasta with basil and parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Ways to use this Easy Tomato Sauce
- Chicken Parmesan
- Gluten Free Zucchini Pasta
- Tortellini Tomato and Spinach Soup
- One Pan Italian Chicken Skillet
Here are some more Slow Cooker Recipes to try!
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- 16 ounces sausage I used hot sausage
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh basil for serving if desired
- fresh parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add sausage to a medium skillet and cook until browned. (It does not need to be cooked through, just browned on the outside for extra flavor. You can skip this step if you do not have time.)
- Add browned sausage, along with the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook sauce on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over pasta with basil and parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.