This Blackened Shrimp Salad recipe is loaded with tons of flavor and piled high with fresh ingredients like salsa, corn, black beans, avocado, and spicy blackened shrimp. This is an easy, healthy, and tasty summer meal!
Easy Blackened Shrimp Salad
I love making salads for dinner in the summer. They’re quick, easy, and use up lots of summer produce. That’s a win-win-win in my book!
I loaded this Blackened Shrimp Salad up with tons of classic Hispanic flavors from the grilled corn, black beans, salsa, and fresh lime juice. Then, the salad gets a spicy kick thanks to the blackened shrimp, which is then cooled down a bit the creamy avocado. Perfect for a light lunch or dinner!
For the dressing, I used my Honey Jalapeño Dressing! It’s slightly sweet, tart, and super creamy. This is a balanced, protein-packed, healthy, and delicious salad that will fuel you through summer!
What Is Blackened Shrimp, Exactly?
The blackened shrimp makes this salad. It has the perfect amount of spice and adds so much flavor to the salad. Use store bought blackening seasoning of try my Homemade Blackening Seasoning, which is simply equal parts paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, dried thyme, dried basil, and oregano combined in a small bowl. You can always make extra and store the homemade blackened seasoning in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months. After that, the spices tend to lose their potency.
For this easy Blackened Shrimp Salad, all you need is some fresh ingredients and a little prep work. In total, it takes less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
All you need is olive oil, raw shrimp, blackening seasoning, spring mix (or any of your preferred greens), black beans, grilled corn, pico de gallo, avocado, and my Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing. That’s it!
How To Make Blackened Shrimp Salad
- Saute the Shrimp: Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat. Sprinkle shrimp with blackening seasoning. Saute until fully cooked, 3-4 minutes or until opaque.
- Assemble the Salad: To assemble the salad fill two bowls with mixed greens. Top with cooked shrimp, black beans, salsa, corn and lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve: Serve immediately with a drizzle of sour cream, ranch or my Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing!
- Cotija cheese or Shredded Mexican cheese
- Tortilla strips
- Diced red onion
- Pickled jalapeños
Why You Need To Make This Salad
- It’s loaded with flavor.
- Light, fresh and healthy.
- Perfect for meal prep!
- Takes less than 10 minutes to throw together.
- Only requires a few ingredients.
- It’s topped with spicy blackened shrimp!
More Healthy Salad Recipes To Try
- Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Summer Fruit Salad with Mint and Lime Juice
- Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
Blackened Shrimp Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large shrimp deveined, tails removed
- 1-2 teaspoons blackening seasoning depending on how spicy you like it
- 4 cups spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grilled corn
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing for serving
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat. Sprinkle shrimp with blackening seasoning. Saute until fully cooked, 3-4 minutes or until opaque.
- To assemble the salad fill two bowls with mixed greens. Top with cooked shrimp, black beans, pico de gallo, corn and avocado.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of sour cream, ranch or my Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.