Super Easy Chicken Fajitas. Marinated chicken breast sautéed with peppers and onions. Ready in only 20 minutes!
I absolutely love fajitas! They are a super easy 20 minute meal that is loaded with flavor. I marinade the chicken in a mixture of spices, lime juice and oil. The marinade creates a blackening for the chicken. It’s the perfect amount of spice and seasoning for the fajitas.
I like to do a combination of green, red and yellow bell peppers. I also toss in onions and garlic.
These fajitas are made in a super hot skillet. I sear the chicken and peppers over high heat. I used a cast iron grill pan to cook the chicken and peppers. Using a cast iron grill pan also adds a nice smokey flavor to the chicken breast.
Once the chicken is browned I take it out of the pan and let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing. This ensures the chicken will be extra juicy!
Saute up the peppers in the same pan as the chicken and use the reserved marinade.
While the peppers are cooking slice up the chicken. Throw it all together and serve with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
I like to serve my fajitas with flour tortillas and all the fixings: sour cream, lettuce, salsa, extra cilantro and guacamole!
Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder if you don't have this you can substitute regular chili powder instead
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- cilantro for serving if desired
- lime wedges for serving if desired
- *NOTE: Cook time does not include marinating time*
- Add oil, lime juice, both chili powders, cumin, paprika, garlic and onion powder to a ziplock bag. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Add in chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Spray a cast iron skillet or a regular skillet with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the peppers, onions and the reserved marinade to the same pan the chicken was in. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- While the peppers are cooking slice the chicken breast.
- Toss the chicken back into the pan with the peppers.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired. I like to serve these Chicken Fajitas with flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa and guacamole!