These super crispy baked chicken tenders are breaded with two types of breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to ensure a flavorful and crispy chicken tender. Below I share my go to tips to make sure the breading sticks to the tender! Serve with marinara sauce and fries or a side salad to complete the meal.
Baked Chicken Tenders
I like my chicken extra extra crispy. I decided to try to make my favorite chicken tenders in the oven instead of deep fried in oil. The outside of the chicken tenders are crunchy and golden brown. The inside is juicy and tender. These Crispy Parmesan chicken tenders taste just like fried chicken without all of the calories! At first glance it’s hard to tell these oven baked chicken tenders are not fried.
They are a quick and easy weeknight meal. Great for kids and adults alike. Who said healthy food can’t taste good?!
These baked breaded chicken tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or as a snack / appetizer for game day.
These chicken tenders are super easy to make. They take less than 30 minutes start to finish!
Ingredients For Baked Chicken Tenders
- Boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins. You can also substitute chicken breast cut into strips.
- All-purpose flour: Gives the egg and milk mixture something to stick to.
- Eggs: Help to keep the breading onto the chicken.
- Heavy cream or milk: Is added along with vinegar to help tenderize the chicken.
- Dijon mustard: Adds a tangy, tart flavor to the chicken tenders.
- Vinegar: Adds more tang and acidity.
- Breadcrumbs: I like to do a combination of panko breadcrumbs and Italian breadcrumbs when breading anything. The panko gives the breading a light and airy texture while the Italian breadcrumbs add so much flavor and salt.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds the perfect amount of saltiness to the chicken tenders.
- Seasonings (paprika, garlic powder and onion powder, s + p)
How To Keep Breading From Falling Off Chicken
My trick for breading anything is to start with a super dry ingredient. That will help the breading adhere to the chicken breast and keep it from falling off.
This step is especially important when you are breading chicken which comes packed in water to add extra weight. Therefore I like to lay my chicken on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack. I place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so while I am gathering up the rest of my ingredients. This helps to dry out the chicken. Next I dab both sides of the chicken tenderloins with multiple paper towels until the chicken is completely dry.
How To Bake Chicken Tenders
- To make the chicken tenders we start with a simple 3-step breading procedure: flour, egg mixture and the Parmesan-breadcrumbs mixture.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs. Place the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the chicken tenders with nonstick cooking spray. (This will help the chicken tenders get a golden brown color to them).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces!
Tips for Success
- You can easily make your own Italian breadcrumbs at home if you prefer. Just pulse together stale bread (or plain breadcrumbs) garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- I love to serve this baked chicken tenders recipe with marinara sauce, ranch dressing or homemade barbecue sauce for dipping! You can even toss them in your favorite sauce!
- Store leftover baked chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze cooked and cooled chicken tenders in an airtight, freezer-safe plastic bag or container for up to 3 months.
- Reheat from chilled or frozen in the oven on a rack at 375 to ensure they get crispy again, or (even better) in the air fryer!
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Sticky Tender Asian Chicken Thighs
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins or chicken breast, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil for spraying chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a wire rack. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.Add flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to a small bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, vinegar and dijon mustard to a small bowl.Add Italian breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan cheese, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder to another small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.Place the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the chicken tenders with nonstick cooking spray. (This will help the chicken tenders get a golden brown color to them).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees.Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces!