Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs marinated and baked until golden brown and juicy on the inside. They are topped with an amazing Honey Garlic sauce!
Honey Garlic Chicken
I’m a big fan of bone in skin on chicken thighs. They always turn out incredibly juicy and always have a nice crispy skin on the outside. I decided to bake my chicken thighs and serve them with this amazing Honey Garlic Soy Sauce. The glaze is sweet, tangy and thick. I love to serve the extra sauce over rice or noodles!
Best of all this dish requires only 5 ingredients most of which you already have in the pantry!
- Chicken Thighs: I love using bone in skin on chicken thighs however boneless chicken thighs or breasts would also work. Just shave off about 10-15 minutes off of the cooking time.
- Soy sauce: I like using low sodium soy sauce in this recipe. If you have regular soy sauce add a few splashes of water to combat the saltiness. If you are gluten free substitute with coconut aminos.
- Ketchup: Thickens up the sauce and adds a nice sweetness.
- Honey: Adds a nice sweetness to the sauce. Feel free to adjust the amount of honey you add to taste. Light brown sugar can also be substituted for the honey.
- Garlic: I add 4 cloves of garlic to the sauce! The more garlic the better!
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken
To make these honey garlic chicken thighs simply add all of the sauce ingredients to a resealable ziplock bag, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight. When you are ready to eat bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, making sure to reserve the marinade. If you want a crispier skin turn the oven to broil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking add the reserved marinade to a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. If sauce is not thick enough you can always add 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water. When chicken comes out of the oven brush on the sauce and serve immediately.
What to serve with Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- White or brown rice. For a low carb option try cauliflower rice.
- Steamed vegetables
- Chow mein noodles
- Lo mein
- Vegetable Fried Rice
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- *Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add soy sauce, ketchup honey and garlic to a large ziplock bag. Add in chicken thighs and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to cook preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared pan skin side up. Reserve the marinade.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- If you want a crispier skin turn the oven to broil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking add the reserved marinade to a medium saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- If sauce is not thick enough you can always add 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water.
- When chicken comes out of the oven brush on the sauce and serve immediately.
Sauce adapted from All Recipes