Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs marinated and baked until golden brown and juicy on the inside. They are topped with an amazing Honey Garlic sauce!
I’m a big fan of chicken thighs. They always turn out incredibly juicy and always have a nice crispy skin on the outside. I decided to bake my chicken thighs and serve them with this amazing Honey Garlic Soy Sauce.
The chicken thighs get marinated and glazed in the Honey Garlic Sauce. Its sweet, tangy and thick.
This dish comes together in about 45 minutes not including marinating time. You can always marinate the chicken in the morning to save on some prep.
To make this chicken simply add all of the sauce ingredients to a resealable ziplock bag, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for an hour or two and bake the chicken. Make sure to reserve the marinade. It gets heated and brushed ontop of the chicken as a glaze after it comes out of the oven.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- *Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add soy sauce, ketchup honey and garlic to a large ziplock bag. Add in chicken thighs and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to cook preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared pan skin side up. Reserve the marinade.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- If you want a crispier skin turn the oven to broil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile while the chicken is cooking add the reserved marinade to a medium saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- If sauce is not thick enough you can always add 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water.
- When chicken comes out of the oven brush on the sauce and serve immediately.
Sauce adapted from All Recipes