If you love Spicy Tuna Rolls than you will love it in bowl form! These Spicy Tuna Bowls are loaded with white rice, pickled carrots, cucumbers and canned tuna fish tossed in a homemade spicy mayo. They make a great meal prep lunch or easy dinner!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Spicy Tuna Bowls
Sometimes I am in the mood for something easy but also really flavor-packed. Don’t get me wrong, I love a normal Tuna Salad, but these Spicy Tuna Bowls take canned tuna to the next level! Featuring a homemade spicy mayo, pickled carrots, fresh cucumbers and steaming hot rice, this easy recipe will leave you happy and satisfied!
If you love sushi, you will absolutely love this spicy tuna bowl. It is essentially a deconstructed spicy tuna roll! This bowl is just made with canned tuna instead of raw tuna for ease! It’s also perfect for meal prep and makes a flavorful on the go lunch!
Spicy Tuna Bowl Ingredients
- Canned Tuna: You will want to drain your tuna for this recipe.
- Cucumber: Some chopped or sliced cucumber adds a bit of crunch and freshness to these spicy tuna bowls!
- Pickled Carrots: For the pickled carrots, you’ll combine the carrots with rice vinegar, sugar and salt. The pickled carrots add a perfectly tangy bite here.
- Rice: Cook your rice according to package instructions. I like white rice with this recipe, but you can use any rice you prefer!
- Spicy Mayo: For the spicy mayo, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, and sesame oil for a savory and spicy dressing for the tuna!
- For Garnish: Sesame Seeds and Eel Sauce to drizzle, if desired.
How to Make Spicy Tuna Bowls
These spicy tuna bowls can be made in under 30 minutes with just a few easy steps! Here’s how to make them:
- Make the Spicy Mayo: In a small bowl, add the mayo, sriracha, and sesame oil. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Make the Pickled Carrots: In a small bowl, add carrots, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Make the Spicy Tuna: Add spicy mayo to the tona and toss to combine, making sure to break up large chunks of tuna. I like to reserve a bit of spicy mayo to drizzle over the top.
- Assemble: To assemble, divide the rice, cucumbers, pickled carrots, and spicy tuna between two bowls. Sprinkle with eel sauce and any remaining spicy mayo, and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Need even more spice? Top your spicy tuna bowl with some pickled jalapeños as well!
- Prep this meal ahead of time! Make your rice and pickled carrots ahead of time so that when it’s time to eat, you can just whip up the mayo and tuna and mix it all together!
- Want this bowl to be even healthier? You can use low fat mayo for less fat in the recipe. Also, top your bowl with some avocado for healthy fats and some edamame more veg!
- Trying to stay low carb? Instead of white rice, try using cauliflower rice or make it a salad with lettuce!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Tuna Should I Use?
You can use your favorite canned tuna or a packet of tuna. It doesn’t matter too much what kind of tuna you use, but keep in mind that tuna can contain trace amounts of mercury so don’t eat it every day!
What Kind of Rice should i use?
I use normal, long grain white rice for most of my rice recipe. You can use sushi rice if you like your rice nice and sticky, or even a medium grain rice for a happy medium. For ease, you can use minute rice or microwave rice if you prefer!
more recipes to try!
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Vegetable Curry
- Asian Chicken Bites
- Orange Glazed Salmon
- Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry
Spicy Tuna Bowls
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add carrots, rice vinegar, sugar and salt to a small bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Add spicy mayo to taste to tuna and toss to combine making sure to break up the large chunks of tuna. I like to reserve extra spicy mayo for drizzling on top.
- To assemble divide rice, cucumbers, pickled carrots and spicy tuna between two bowls. Sprinkle with eel sauce and any remaining spicy mayo.