Berry Fruit Salad loaded with fresh fruit and tossed in a honey lime dressing. The perfect dessert or side dish for summer!
This fruit salad is the perfect dish to bring to your next summer gathering or barbecue. It’s light, healthy and refreshing. Perfect for summer!
This summer fruit salad takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and best of all can be made ahead of time. I like to make this the night before to let all of the flavors develop.
The fresh fruit gets tossed in honey, fresh squeezed lime juice and mint. The honey gives the fruit extra sweetness and helps to bring out the juices in the fruit. The lime gives the salad a bit of tang. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart!
How to make Berry Fruit Salad
- Start by slicing up all of your fruit and pitting your cherries.
- Add the prepped fruit and fresh mint to a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl combine honey and lime juice.
- Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!
I made this fruit salad with a combination of fresh cherries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Any fruit combination will work. I like to use what’s in season and on sale. Here are some more ideas of fruit to add to this salad:
- Fresh Basil
- Honey Dew
If you find yourself with leftover fruit this summer you have to make this fruit salad!
Here are more healthy salad recipes to try!
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Mexican Kale Salad
- Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad
Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted
- 16 ounces strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
Add the fruit and mint to a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine the lime and honey.
Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Originally published Jun 19, 2017