This easy Berry Fruit Salad is loaded with fresh fruit and tossed in a tart, but sweet, honey-lime dressing. It’s the perfect dessert or side dish for summer! Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Homemade Berry Fruit Salad
This fruit salad is the perfect dish to bring to your next summer gathering or barbecue. It’s light, healthy, and refreshing. Perfect for hot weather!
Even better, it takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and can be made ahead of time. I like to make this the night before to let all of the flavors develop and marinate the berries.
For this side dish, the fresh fruit gets tossed in honey, fresh squeezed lime juice, and mint. The honey gives the fruit a rich level of sweetness and helps to bring out the juices in the fruit. The lime gives the salad a bit of tang, and the mint adds a pop of color. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart!
For this fresh fruit Berry Salad, I used some of my favorite in-season berries (washed and dried, of course) and fresh mint:
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 16 ounces sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh pitted cherries
And for the honey lime dressing, simply whisk together the juice of half of a lime and 1 tablespoon honey. That’s it!
But the best part of this recipe is that it’s incredibly versatile. This is a great way to use up any fruit you have in your fridge before it goes bad. Check out some variations to this Berry Fruit Salad below!
Now, I made this fruit salad with a combination of fresh cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries, but any fruit combination will work. I like to use what’s in season (so you can essentially make this year-round!) and, most importantly, on sale. Here are some more ideas of fruit to add to this salad:
- Fresh Basil
- Honey Dew
- Seedless Grapes
- Peaches or Nectarines
- Orange Slices
- Peeled Apples
You could even mix in some sliced almonds, cucumber, dried fruit, thinly sliced or diced jalapeño, firm pressed tofu, a couple pinches of red pepper flakes, or Feta. The sky is the limit with this Berry Fruit Salad recipe!
How To Make Fruit Salad with Berries
- Prep the Berries: Start by slicing up all of your fruit and pitting your cherries, removing any rotten or sad looking berries along the way.
- Chop the Mint: Wash and chop your mint as finely or roughly as you like. Then, add the prepped fruit and fresh mint to a large bowl.
- Make the Dressing: In a separate small bowl, whisk the honey and lime juice until incorporated. Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve: Garnish with more chopped mint, a light drizzle of honey, and/or some lime zest, and serve immediately or refrigerate until chow time. Enjoy!
More Healthy Salad Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed this Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, then you’ll love these other fresh salad recipes:
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Mexican Kale Salad
- Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad
Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted
- 16 ounces strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add the fruit and mint to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lime and honey.
- Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Originally published Jun 19, 2017