Mojitos are one of my favorite drinks, and this Mixed Berry Mojito is simply amazing! This Mixed Berry Mojito is made with fresh blackberries, strawberries, mint, lime, and rum. You can easily double or quadruple it, and it’s perfect for summer. Ready in less than 5 minutes!
There is nothing like settling down with a mojito on a hot day in the summer! If you’re a mojito fan like me, why not set up a mojito bar at your next cookout? You can have my simple Classic Mojito as a foundation, and add this Mixed Berry Mojito as well as my Blood Orange Mojito and Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito for different flavor options!
What better way to start off the week than with a cocktail. Mojito Monday…why not?!
Do you guys like mojitos as much as I do? They are perfectly tart, not too sweet, and always refreshing. I’ve shared my Classic Mojito recipe with you. As well as a Blood Orange Mojito and Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito.
This time I made you a berry mojito loaded with fresh berries, lime juice, mint, and rum, and it is SO delicious!
This easy mojito cocktail recipe is pretty simple to make. All you need is 5 minutes and 6 ingredients. Making it is just as quick as making the original, and this version just has an amazing extra-fruity flare. What’s not to love?
My recipe is for making one mixed berry mojito, but you can easily multiply it by 4 (or more!) to make a pitcher for sharing with friends this summer at your next barbecue or get-together, or even for Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients for a Mixed Berry Mojito
- Mixed Berries: I used a mixture of blackberries and strawberries, but feel free to add raspberries, cherries, or blueberries as well if you have them on hand.
- Mint: Just like the classic mojito recipe, mint adds a delicious freshness to this cocktail.
- Simple Syrup: Simple syrup is just a mixture of equal parts water and syrup. See below for how I make simple syrup at home, or click here for more detailed instructions on making your own!
- Lime juice: Lime juice brings a delicious tart contrast to the berries, syrup, and rum. In a pinch, you could also use lemon juice.
- Rum: Light rum is preferred for mojitos!
- Ice & Sparkling Water: These 2 ingredients keep it cold with a little fizz.
How to make a Mojito with mixed berries
- Muddle the fresh ingredients with syrup. First, start by muddling the berries, mint, and simple syrup together in a glass.
- Add lime & rum. Next, add in the lime juice and rum, and then stir to combine.
- Finish with ice and sparkling water. Finally, top with ice and sparkling water. If the seeds from the blackberries bother you simply strain through a sieve before serving.
Can I use different berries for this mixed berry mojito?
I used a combination of fresh blackberries and strawberries in this cocktail. The sweet berries go great with the tart lime juice, however, you can substitute your favorite fresh berries. Cherries, blueberries, and raspberries would all be wonderful.
How to make simple syrup
I like to use simple syrup in my drinks versus regular sugar. It makes the drink sweet throughout and you don’t have to worry about the sugar ending up in the bottom of your glass. I always have some simple syrup in the fridge. I typically make 1 cup at a time. It can last in the fridge for up to a month.
To make the simple syrup, all you have to do is add equal parts of granulated sugar and water to a pot on the stove, heat it slightly, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Store it in a bottle or jar in the fridge. I usually use 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar.
Can I use vodka instead of rum in a mojito?
Yes, you absolutely can! You may need to increase the sweetness in the mixed berry mojito if you use vodka as rum tastes a little sweeter, but otherwise, it’ll still be a delicious and refreshing cocktail!
Here are more Drink recipes to try!
Mixed Berry Mojito
- 1/4 cup fresh mixed berries I used blackberries and strawberries
- 10 sprigs mint
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce light rum
- sparkling water
- Muddle berries, mint and simple syrup in a glass.
- Stir in lime juice and light rum.
- Top with ice and sparkling water and serve immediately.