These colorful mixed berry margaritas are loaded with fresh blueberries, cherries, and blackberries. This fun twist on the original is like a smoothie and a cocktail all in one! Perfect for warm weather.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
Do you guys like margaritas as much as I do? (If you’re on this post, I’m guessing you do!) They are perfectly tart, not too sweet and always refreshing. With the warmer weather coming I decided it’s time to whip up some festive cocktails.
You can make this margarita frozen or on the rocks. I prefer on the rocks with a rim of sugar on my glass. This Mixed Berry Margarita is loaded with cherries, blueberries, and blackberries. It’s colorful, fruity, and delicious!
I love adding fruit to my cocktails. The sweet fruit and the tart lime make the perfect flavor combination. I had to use a mix of fresh and frozen fruit in my margarita because cherries aren’t in season yet.
Tequila, lime juice and simple syrup are also added. I make most of my drinks with simple syrup so I always make extra and store it away in the refrigerator. (Simple syrup is just equal parts sugar and water heated until dissolved.) You can also buy pre-made simple syrup at the liquor store.
- Mixed berries (I used blueberries, cherries, and blackberries, but any berries will work.)
- Simple syrup (homemade or store-bought)
- Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Ice (for serving)
- Berries, lime wedges, and sugar (for garnish, if desired)
How To Make It
- To make this mixed berry margarita recipe, start by muddling the berries and simple syrup together in your salt or sugar rimmed glass.
- Top with lime juice and tequila. Stir to combine.
- Top with ice and fresh berries for garnish, if desired.
- If the seeds from the blackberries bother you simply strain through a sieve before serving.
To make this margarita frozen, substitute frozen berries and ice for a slushy treat.
Tips and Variations
- Make this a frozen margarita by using frozen fruit. Avoid using ice, as it will dilute your drink.
- Add any fruit you like — berries or not! Kiwis, melons, and pineapple would also be delicious additions to this cocktail.
- Double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to serve a crowd!
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Healthy Greek yogurt guacamole
- Easy salsa verde
- Chipotle corn salsa
- Pico de gallo
- 7-Layer Dip
More Cocktail Recipes To Try
Love this mixed berry margarita? Here are some more cocktails you’ll love!
- Blood Orange Mojito
- Pomegranate Cranberry Champagne Punch
- Red Wine Sangria
- Mixed Berry Mojito
- Spiked Berry Lemonade
Mixed Berry Margarita
- 1/4 cup mixed berries I used blueberries, cherries (frozen) and blackberries.
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- ice for serving
- berries for garnish if desired
- Use a wedge of lime to wet the rim of a glass and dip in either sugar or salt.
- Add berries and simple syrup to the glass and muddle.
- Stir in lime juice and tequila.
- Top with ice and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
- Note: If the seeds from the blackberries bother you simply strain through a sieve before serving.
- Note: To make a large batch of simple syrup just combine equal parts sugar and water. I do 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar. Keeps in the fridge for up to a month.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!