Holiday Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito made with fresh mint, cranberry reduction, pomegranate juice and fresh lime. Perfect cocktail for the holidays!
Mojitos are one of my favorite drinks. In my opinion they should be served all year round not just in the summer. I added a holiday twist to my classic mojito recipe with fresh cranberries and pomegranate juice.
Typically mojitos are made with a simple syrup (sugar + water). I added the cranberries with the simple syrup to make an easy cranberry reduction.
This mojito is both tart and sweet. Extremely refreshing with a splash of fresh lime juice.
This beautiful red and green cocktail is super festive. Splashes of sparkling water are added to each glass for a little fizz.
To make these festive Mojitos we need to start with our cranberry reduction. Fresh cranberries are easy to find this time of year in your produce department. Simply add sugar, water and cranberries to a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes until the cranberries have burst and the sauce is very thick.
Don’t cheat and add cranberry juice instead of the fresh cranberries. The cranberry reduction makes this cocktail!
While the cranberry reduction is cooling, muddle the mint and the lime together in each glass. Top with rum and pomegranate juice. Add in cooled cranberry reduction, ice and top with the sparkling water.
Take time out from the rush of the holiday season and sit back and relax with this Holiday Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito.
Holiday Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 12-18 sprigs mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- ice as needed
- Add sugar, water and fresh cranberries to a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until the cranberries start to open up and the sauce gets very thick. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add mint and lime to each glass. Muddle together to extract the flavor of the mint.
- Add in rum, pomegranate juice and cooled cranberry reduction to each glass.
- Top with sparkling water and ice serve immediately.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!