Holiday Cranberry Mojito
This Holiday Cranberry Mojito recipe is made with fresh mint, a cranberry reduction, pomegranate juice, and fresh lime juice. It’s the perfect holiday cocktail!
If you love easy cocktail recipes, then you’ll love my Blood Orange Mojito and my Mixed Berry Margaritas recipes!
What Are Mojitos, Exactly?
Mojitos are one of my favorite drinks. In my opinion, they should be served year-round; not just in the summer. So, I added a holiday twist to my classic mojito recipe with fresh cranberries and pomegranate juice.
Typically mojitos are made with a simple syrup (aka equal parts sugar and water). But for this holiday cocktail recipe, I added the cranberries with the simple syrup to make an easy cranberry reduction.
This beautiful red and green cocktail is super festive. Splashes of sparkling water are added to each glass for a little fizz. It’s both tart and sweet, but extremely refreshing with the addition of fresh lime juice.
What’s in a Holiday Cranberry Mojito?
To make this delicious homemade holiday cocktail recipe, you’ll need: equal parts sugar and water, along with some fresh cranberries, for the cranberry simple syrup; as well as fresh mint, lime juice, light rum, pomegranate juice, sparkling water, and ice cubes.
Take time out from the rush of the holiday season and sit back and relax with this Holiday Cranberry Mojito!
How To Make This Holiday Cranberry Mojito
- To make these festive Mojitos, we need to start with our cranberry reduction. Fresh cranberries are easy to find this time of year in your produce department. Simply add sugar, water and cranberries to a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes until the cranberries have burst and the sauce is very thick.
- While the cranberry reduction is cooling, muddle the mint and the lime together in each glass.
- Then, top with rum and pomegranate juice.
- Add in cooled cranberry reduction, ice, and top with the sparkling water. That’s it!
How To Juice a Lime (and Get the Most Juice)
Now, for the fun part — juicing those perfectly picked limes!
- First, massage your lime using the palm and heel of your hand by rolling it on your countertop. This will soften the lime and help to separate the individual segments inside, yielding more juice.
- Next, using a sharp pairing knife, slice the lime in half crosswise so that the inside looks like a starburst.
- Then, place one half of your lime in your handheld juicer with the fleshy side facing down. Slowly squeeze the handles of the juicer together over a prep bowl, and watch as you release all of that sweet juice.
- Be on the lookout for seeds and pulp. Store in an airtight container, or measure out by the tablespoon to use in your cocktails or cooking.
One lime roughly yields two tablespoons of liquid, or one fluid ounce. So, for this cranberry margarita recipe, you’ll need at least four limes.
Tips and Variations
- Don’t cheat and add cranberry juice instead of the fresh cranberries. The cranberry reduction makes this cocktail, and it’s worth the added effort!
- Turn this into a frozen cocktail by blending in your high-speed blender and serving with a salted or sugared rim!
- If you don’t have limes handy, then you could use oranges. Cranberry and orange is a great flavor combo!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
You could make a big batch of the cranberry simple syrup and either keep it refrigerated for up to 3 weeks or freeze it to use later as needed.
More Cocktail Recipes To Try
- Classic Margarita
- Mixed Berry Mojito
- Spiked Berry Lemonade
- White Wine Sangria
- Pineapple Sunset Cocktail
Holiday Cranberry Pomegranate Mojito
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 12-18 sprigs mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- ice as needed
- Add sugar, water and fresh cranberries to a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until the cranberries start to open up and the sauce gets very thick. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add mint and lime to each glass. Muddle together to extract the flavor of the mint.Add in rum, pomegranate juice and cooled cranberry reduction to each glass.Top with sparkling water and ice serve immediately.