This simple and fruity White Wine Sangria recipe is made with oranges, white peaches, and freshly squeezed orange juice, then served with a splash of sparkling water. It’s the perfect warm weather drink!
Homemade White Wine Sangria
I love sangria, especially during the summer. The fresh fruit mixed with the sweet wine is the perfect combination. I like to make my sangria with tons of fresh fruit and not too much sugar so it’s not overly sweet and totally sippable all day long.
And sometimes (OK most times) the simplest recipes are the best. That’s just one more reason to love this White Wine Sangria. This recipe only uses a few ingredients — white wine like Riesling, fresh squeezed orange juice, white peaches, navel oranges, and lightly sweetened simple syrup. And instead of using brandy, I used triple sec and orange flavored vodka. I wanted to keep the drink light and summery, and sometimes brandy can be a bit heavy.
This White Wine Sangria should be your favorite summer beverage! Totally customizable with your favorite fruits or preferred sweetness, this drink is perfect for hot afternoons or days spent at the beach. Garnish your drink with fresh mint and a splash or sparkling water at the end for some fizz. You can’t go wrong with this White Wine Sangria recipe!
- Simple Syrup: I brought 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then removed from heat and allowed it to cool to create this super-simple simple syrup. If you like your sangria sweeter, you can always add more sugar. Just keep the ratio 1:1.
- White Peaches: I prefer white peaches to yellow peaches for this recipe because of their flavor and appearance, but you can use whichever you like or can find this time of year.
- Orange Slices: To garnish your wine glasses when serving. (And snack on while you sip!)
- Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice: This truly takes this homemade White Wine Sangria recipe to the next level. You can use store-bought, but opt for pure juice and not concentrate.
- White Wine: You’ll use a full bottle (750 mL) for this recipe. I like a medium-sweet wine like Riesling, but you can use whichever you prefer. Pinot Grigio would be a nice option for less sweet, and moscato would be good if you like it more sweet. You could even use Prosecco or Champagne, if you’re feeling fancy!
- Liquor: You’ll need 1 oz. of triple sec and 1 oz. of orange-flavored vodka.
- Garnish: With fresh fruit, mint leaves, and a splash of sparkling water!
Are you more of a Red Wine Sangria person? I’ve got you covered! Find my recipe here.
How To Make White Wine Sangria
This White Wine Sangria comes together in just a few simple steps and under 5 minutes! Double or triple for large gatherings or to have on hand for several days!
- Make the Simple Syrup: Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble the Sangria: Add peaches and oranges to a large pitcher. Next, pour in the orange juice, wine, triple sec, and vodka. And add the bottle of white wine. Stir in the cooled simple syrup, and refrigerate.
- Serve: Let the sangria sit for a couple of hours to allow the flavors develop. Serve with mint for garnish, and a splash of sparkling water. Enjoy!
- Add any fruit you like! I prefer the orange or light fruit like these peaches and oranges, but you can use any fruit you like. Berries, pineapple, mango, and any other citrus would also be delicious!
- Not a fan of mint? Any herb will work! Basil or rosemary, especially, would be fantastic.
- Swap the white wine for Prosecco or champagne! Just pour it up before serving so the wine doesn’t lose it’s carbonation.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
- Store the fully assembled White Wine Sangria in a pitcher in your fridge for up to 3 days. Avoid adding any carbonated ingredients until just before serving so it doesn’t lose it’s bubbles.
- You can freeze sangria to blend later as a slushed drink, turn it into a popsicle, or to thaw and sip later.
More Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed this White Wine Sangria, you’ll love these other cocktail recipes:
- Blood Orange Mojito
- Mixed Berry Margaritas
- Red Wine Sangria
- Spiked Berry Lemonade
- Pineapple Sunset Cocktail
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
White Wine Sangria
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup white peaches sliced
- 1/2 cups oranges sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 750 ml bottle of white wine (medium sweet I use Riesling)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce orange flavored vodka
- splash of sparkling water
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil. This should take about a minute. You will see the sugar dissolve into the water. When this happens take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add peaches and oranges to a large pitcher.
- Add in orange juice, wine, triple sec and vodka.
- Stir in the cooled triple sec and refrigerate.
- Let sit for a couple of hours to let the flavors develop. Serve with mint for garnish and a splash of sparkling water.