These Sangria Popsicles are the perfect way to cool off this Summer! I took my favorite Red Wine Sangria and turned it into a refreshing popsicle! It’s the perfect boozy Summer Treat for Adults!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Homemade Raspberry Sangria Popsicles (for Grown-Ups!)
I love sangria, and I love popsicles. So, why not combine the two? I mean, popsicles aren’t just for kids, right? These Raspberry Sangria Popsicles are fruity, refreshing, and extremely easy to make! But be careful, these popsicles are not kid-friendly because they contain wine!
You can use any of your favorite fruit juices. I always prefer pomegranate juice in my Red Wine Sangria because it always seems to complement the red wine and adds a touch of sweetness. So, that is what I used in this popsicle recipe as well. But orange juice, pineapple juice, or cherry juice would work well, too.
One of the best things about these adult-friendly popsicles is that they only require 4 ingredients! That makes these a total breeze to whip up.
Need to make it kid-friendly? Just swap the red wine for a fruit juice! Serve these at your next warm weather gathering or outdoor barbecue. They’ll be a hit!
Sangria popsicles require just four ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Red Wine: You can use your favorite red table wine that is not too sweet and not too dry. Something like a Pinot Noir or a red blend would be great. You can always taste the sangria prior to putting it into the molds to adjust sweetness or bitterness to taste.
- Sugar: You need some added sugar to sweeten the popsicles. I like to simmer the juice and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved to make an easy simple syrup. Just let it cool before building your treats.
- Pomegranate Juice: The color and flavor compliments the red wine and raspberries, but you can use whichever fruit juice you prefer.
- Fresh Raspberries: This helps makes these popsicles more like sangria. If you don’t like raspberries, swap for whatever fruit you prefer. Pineapples, strawberries, or blueberries would also work!
how to make sangria popsicles
- Mix the Sugar & Wine: Combine the pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan to simmer until the sugar dissolves, making a simple syrup. Remove from the heat and stir in the red wine.
- Assemble: Divide the raspberries evenly into the popsicle molds.then pour the cooled liquid over the fruit in the molds.
- Freeze: Freeze these popsicles for at least overnight to ensure they are completely frozen. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- To release the popsicles from the mold, you can run it under warm water and they will release nicely!
- Swap the pomegranate juice for your preferred type, like pineapple, orange, or cherry, or a combination of fruit juices! Orange juice is common in sangria and a dash of it would be super delicious.
- Add more fruit like blueberries, strawberries, or pineapple. You can toss it in fresh or frozen!
- Turn this into a white wine sangria popsicle by swapping the red wine for your favorite table white like riesling, pinot grigio, or even Prosecco. Avoid moscato, as it may be too sweet when combined with the sugar. I would recommend throwing some peaches in the popsicle too!
- Or, turn these into rosé sangria popsicles by using your favorite rosé wine instead! I would mix it with some watermelon juice. Yum!
- Not a fan of whole fruit in your popsicles? Blend it up before pouring into the popsicle molds to make it smooth and aerate the wine!
Love grown-up popsicles? Turn any of my favorite cocktails into one! Try my Mixed Berry Margaritas, Pomegranate Cranberry Champagne Punch, or my Spiked Berry Lemonade. Just make sure to add an extra cup of juice or water to aid the freezing process when using liquor.
frequently asked questions
Do I need a popsicle mold to make sangria popsicles?
You don’t technically need a popsicle mold to make sangria popsicles, but it is preferred! If you don’t have a popsicle mold and don’t want to buy one, you have a few options. You can assemble your sangria popsicles into shot glasses, stick a popsicle stick into it and freeze. Then, to release the popsicle run it under some warm water! Or, you can buy some disposable popsicle bags from amazon that will make these just like an adult otter pop!
How can I make these popsicles alcohol-free?
In order to make these popsicles alcohol-free, you will want to replace the wine with some sort of fruit juice. Still boil the fruit juice with the sugar, and then fill the popsicle molds with all kinds of fruit! Freeze and enjoy!
- Store your sangria popsicles in the freezer for up to 3 months! Keep them in the popsicle molds until you are ready to enjoy them.
More Recipes To Try
- Frozen Mixed Berry Lemonade
- Blood Orange Mojito
- Spiked Berry Lemonade
- Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- Pineapple Sunset Cocktail
products i used
4 Ingredient Raspberry Sangria Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Combine pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook on low until sugar dissolves. Take off of the heat and stir in red wine.
- Divide the raspberries evenly into the popsicle molds.
- Pour the wine / juice mixture on top.Freeze overnight and enjoy!