If you’re searching for the perfect summer drink, look no further! This Skinny Orange Crush fits the bill. With fresh-squeezed orange juice, orange-flavored vodka, triple sec, and sparkling water, this cocktail is sure to be a hit! Even better, it’s only 108 calories per serving. Imbibe and enjoy!
This Skinny Orange Crush Is the Perfect Summer Cocktail
Summer must be here if I’m sipping on an orange crush. I absolutely love this refreshing summer drink. My Mom would get this drink from a small restaurant in Southern Delaware with a sign that read, “World’s Famous Orange Crushes”. She later introduced me to this citrus drink, and I’ve been hooked ever since!
What’s In An Orange Crush?
This summer-fresh cocktail is made with freshly squeezed orange juice, orange-flavored vodka, triple sec, and sparkling water. It’s a very simple cocktail and — better yet it — it’s only 108 calories per serving, meaning it won’t leave you feeling bloated or with a crash from the sugar rush. It’s not too syrupy or too sweet just crisp and refreshing.
If you don’t have seltzer on hand, you can always use any type of lemon-lime soda or ginger ale. We just need something with a bit of fizz.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this delicious and easy homemade orange crush cocktail at home!
- Ice cubes: For both mixing the orange crush in the cocktail shaker and for serving.
- Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice: You can use store-bought, if needed, but opt for all-natural and organic, if possible. There should be only one ingredient – orange juice!
- Vodka: I like using orange-flavored vodka to add more orange goodness to this cocktail, both in flavor and color, but you can use plain vodka or another citrus flavor.
- Triple Sec: You can omit if you don’t have this on hand, but I highly recommend using a orange-flavored liqueur like Cointreau!
- Seltzer: You can also use sparkling water, lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, or flavored seltzer.
How To Make An Orange Crush
Start by adding the ice cubes, orange juice, vodka, and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds or until well-incorporated. Pour into individual glasses, top with seltzer, and enjoy!
How To Make Cocktail Slushies
While alcohol will not freeze due to ethanol’s extremely low freezing point (-173 degrees Fahrenheit), you can turn these into a blended boozy slushie by placing the cocktail mixture in the freezer for a couple hours, then blending until smooth. Perfect for sipping poolside this summer!
How To Make Orange Peel Curls
If you want to dress this orange crush recipe, garnish it with some fresh orange curls. Orange curls are simple to make and a fancy addition to any drink.
To make an orange curl, take a vegetable peeler and peal a thin strip along the skin of the orange. Twist the strip into spirals until you get your desired look. You don’t have to worry about them losing their curl either. The natural oils in the peel allow it to keep its shape and harden.
You can also garnish these cocktails with a lime wedge, orange slice (or any citrus), fresh or frozen berries, chocolate shavings or curls, fresh mint leaves, fresh basil, or a sprig of rosemary.
Now, it’s time to grab a lounge chair, a magazine, and this skinny orange crush, and spend a relaxing day in the sun. Enjoy!
More Cocktail Recipes To Try
- Mixed Berry Margaritas
- Classic Mint Mojito
- White Wine Sangria
- Pomegranate Cranberry Champagne Punch
- Red Wine Sangria
Skinny Orange Crush
The perfect summer cocktail! Fresh squeezed orange juice, orange flavored vodka, triple sec and sparkling water. Not to mention its only 108 calories!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces orange flavored vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces seltzer
- 1/4 cup ice cubes, plus more for serving
- Begin by adding fresh squeezed orange juice, vodka, and triple sec to a measuring cup.
- Add to a cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds or until combined. Divide liquid between two glasses then top with seltzer and enjoy.