Homemade Ranch from scratch is so much better than store-bought! Creamy, and loaded with fresh herbs, you simply can’t beat it for flavor. Use it as a dip or as a salad dressing. It keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge!
Making homemade dips at home is so easy! Try my Blue Cheese Dressing with a side of wings, and my Honey Jalapeño Ranch is sweet, spicy, and creamy!
Homemade ranch. There’s nothing quite like it. Creamy, tangy, and loaded with fresh herbs, it’s miles above anything in a bottle when it comes to flavor! Trust me when you make this you will never want store bought dressing again!
This Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe comes together in just minutes. It’s so easy! All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and it’s ready. I love serving it with wings, fries, or over a salad. Ranch dip really goes with just about anything! It lasts for up to two weeks in the fridge, so this is a great recipe to just go ahead and make to have on hand at all times. It always gets used up quickly in my house!
What is Homemade Ranch made of?
- Milk: Milk thins the dressing out without it losing its creaminess. Use whatever milk you have on hand.
- Mayonnaise: Any mayo will work! Regular, fat-free, or homemade, they’re all perfect for this recipe.
- Sour cream: For extra creaminess, sour cream is the perfect addition to homemade ranch dip. You could substitute Greek yogurt if desired.
- Vinegar: I like white wine vinegar as it’s just a little sweeter than other kinds of vinegar. Apple cider vinegar can be used if needed. You could also use fresh lemon juice instead.
- Fresh herbs: Fresh dill and chives make this dip really taste like ranch!
- Onion and garlic: For even more flavor I added onion granules and garlic granules. Powdered or fresh would be great as well!
How to make the Best Ranch Dip
Just two easy steps – it’s so simple!
Combine: Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl.
2. Mix & store: Whisk until combined and the homemade ranch dressing is smooth and creamy. You can serve it immediately or store it for up to 2 weeks!
Tips for Success
- Switch the fresh herbs for dried ones if needed. The flavor won’t be quite as tasty, however, it will last in the fridge for a little longer as dried herbs don’t degrade as quickly as fresh. Remember to substitute 1 tsp of dried herbs for 1 tbsp of fresh herbs!
- Substitute Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a lighter version that tastes just as creamy!
- For a sweet and spicy version, try my Honey Jalapeño Ranch!
- We love making this into barbecue ranch as well! Add some of my homemade barbecue sauce and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Check out my list below of serving suggestions!
Is buttermilk ranch the same as ranch?
Buttermilk ranch is a kind of ranch! Instead of adding sour cream and milk, you can add buttermilk instead. It will still taste tangy but perhaps a little less creamy than this homemade ranch recipe.
How long will homemade ranch last?
A few factors contribute to how long ranch dressing will last, but generally, if you use fresh, unopened dairy ingredients, keep it refrigerated as much as possible, and store it in an airtight container, the ranch will last for around 2 weeks. Check out this blog post for an in-depth look at storing ranch and 4 signs it’s bad.
What goes with Homemade Ranch?
Whether you use it as a dip or salad dressing, this Homemade Ranch recipe will become a staple in your home! Here are some recipes to serve with ranch:
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Honey-Chipotle Chicken Wings
- Honey BBQ Boneless Wings
- Oven-Fried Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Firecracker Meatballs
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Baked French Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Over a salad
More dip recipes you will love
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Homemade Ranch from scratch is so much better than store-bought! Creamy, and loaded with fresh herbs, you simply can't beat it for flavor. Use it as a dip or as a salad dressing. It keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge!
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until combined and the dressing is smooth and creamy. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!