Chick Fil A Nuggets are a delicious homemade copycat recipe that are the perfect alternative to going to the drive thru! Featuring tender chicken breast coated in a flavorful, crispy coating and dipped in your favorite Chick Fil A sauce!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best CopyCat Chick Fil A Nuggets
Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets are one of my favorite fast food dupes to make at home! They are perfectly tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. And you can even make the beloved Chick Fil A sauce at home too!
Sometimes it is easier to go to the drive thru, but when you want to have a home cooked meal that everyone will love, you can make these right at home with simple ingredients. Or, maybe you have a Chick Fil A craving on a Sunday when they are closed! Either way, you can definitely make amazing chicken nuggets at home with this easy chickfila nuggets recipe!
- Chicken Breast: Chick fil a nuggets are made with boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can dice up the raw chicken into nugget size pieces!
- Pickle Juice: Pickle juice has the perfect amount of salt and acidity for a marinade that will season the chicken and tenderize it to perfection.
- Milk & Egg: After marinating the chicken with some pickle juice, you will coat the chicken in milk in egg so that there is a layer that will help the flour stick to the chicken.
- Flour & Cornstarch: A combination of flour and cornstarch will coat the outside of the chicken and make these extra crispy!
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar will caramelize a bit when it is fried, creating a crunchy outer layer that has a lovely balance of flavors.
- Spices: Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper will season up these nuggets to perfection!
- Peanut Oil: To fry! If you are allergic to peanuts, use another neutral oil like canola or vegetable oil.
- For the Chick Fil A Sauce: A simple combination of dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise and barbecue sauce will make a sauce that tastes just like the classic chick fil a sauce!
How to Make Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Brine: Add the cubed chicken and pickle juice to a large ziplock bag. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours.
- Add Egg & Milk: After the chicken is done marinating, add the milk and egg to the same ziplock bag and toss to coat the chicken.
- Coat in Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the marinated chicken to the flour mixture making sure to remove excess marinade and toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat Oil: Add a couple of inches of peanut oil to a large pot or skillet with high sides. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches. I usually do two.
- Fry the Chicken: Fry the chicken for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Make the Sauce: Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined and lump free. Set aside until the chicken nuggets are ready!
- Serve: Serve the chicken immediately with chick fil a sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Don’t overcrowd the pan with chicken! This will lower the temperature of the oil, so be sure to work in batches and give each piece of chicken plenty of space!
- Make sure to fry Chick Fil A nuggets in a neutral oil that has a high smoke point. Something like peanut oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil work well. Avoid oils like olive oil or coconut oil because they have a strong taste. And, olive oil will burn when it is cooked to a high temperature!
- Serve your copycat Chick Fil A nuggets with the homemade Chickfila sauce, homemade ranch, fresh french fries, and even some cozy baked mac and cheese!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does this chicken nuggets recipe have powdered sugar?
The powdered sugar might throw you off, but don’t skip it! The little bit of sweetness balances out the flavors beautifully and even helps these chick fil a nuggets get super crispy.
Do I have to marinate the chicken in pickle juice?
I recommend it. Marinating the chicken in pickle juice adds SO much flavor and is a great way to make juicy and tender chicken nuggets, just like you can get at Chick-fil-A. If you don’t have pickle juice on hand, you can buy a new jar of pickles and use the juice. The pickles will be just fine without the juice! If you don’t want to marinate the chicken in pickle juice, you can marinate it in the just milk to tenderize it!
How should I store and reheat these chicken nuggets?
Store any leftover chicken nuggets in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days! Reheat in the oven or air fryer until heated through to keep them nice and crispy.
More Chicken Recipes to Try
- Marry Me Chicken
- Baked Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Chicken Katsu
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chick Fil A Nuggets
Chick Fil A Nuggets
Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Add cubed chicken and pickle juice to a large ziplock bag. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours.
- After the chicken is done marinating add the milk and egg to the same ziplock bag and toss to coat the chicken.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the marinated chicken to the flour mixture making sure to remove excess marinade and toss to coat the chicken.
- Add a couple inches of peanut oil to a large pot or skillet with high sides. Preheat oil to 350 degrees.Once the oil is hot add in the chicken in batches (I typically do two).Fry the chicken for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately with chick fila sauce for dipping!
Chick Fil A Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combine and lump free. Set aside until the chicken nuggets are ready!