Marry Me Chicken features tender chicken breasts cooked to perfection and a decadent sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, herbs and cream. The best part? This one-pan meal can be whipped up in just 30 minutes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Marry Me Chicken Recipe
After just one bite of this chicken, you will understand why it is called “Marry Me” chicken. It is so delicious, that you might end up with more than one proposal by the end of the night!
Okay, that might be an exaggeration. But this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken dinner is seriously so good. The tangy sun-dried tomatoes and savory, tender chicken combine perfectly with the creamy parmesan garlic sauce. Absolutely everyone will love this chicken meal, even the picky eaters!
If you don’t like sun-dried tomatoes, you can leave them out and still have a delicious meal. Serve this chicken with mashed potatoes and pasta to soak up all of that silky sauce!
- Chicken Breast: Chicken breast is great for this marry me chicken. I like to slice them thin so they cook evenly and quickly. If you prefer, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Olive Oil & Butter: Use a combination of butter and olive oil to sear the chicken!
- All-Purpose Flour: Dip the chicken by lightly coating it in flour before searing it. This will make the chicken have a nice crust on the outside!
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: You can get jarred sun-dried tomatoes at the grocery store in the pasta aisle.
- Onion & Garlic: Onion and garlic add lots of flavor and aroma!
- Heavy Cream: To turn the sauce into a creamy, dreamy sauce.
- Chicken Stock: I like to use chicken stock instead of water here for the added flavor!
- Spices: You just need salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to season up this chicken to perfection.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan pairs well with the creamy sauce and adds an extra savory flavor!
- Fresh Basil: Sprinkle some fresh basil on top as garnish, if desired!
HOw to Make Marry Me Chicken
- Dredge the Chicken: Add flour, salt, and pepper to a shallow bowl, mix to combine. One at a time, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, set aside.
- Heat Pan: Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté Chicken: Once hot, add in the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté Onion & Tomatoes: To the same skillet, add in the onions and sun dried tomatoes. Sauté for 4 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Add Garlic & Stock: Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the chicken stock and deglaze the pan by scraping up the brown bites “fond” off the bottom of the pan. This adds so much flavor!
- Add the Cream & Spices: Add in heavy cream, Italian seasonings, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, Season & Serve: Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the chicken back to the pan. Serve & enjoy!
Tips For success
- To thinly slice your chicken breast, slice the chicken in half length-wise as evenly as possible. If you need to make the pieces a more even thickness, place a piece of plastic wrap on top and on the bottom of the piece of chicken and beat it with a meat tenderizer or even a rolling pin to make the pieces evenly sized. Alternatively, you can buy thinly sliced chicken breast from the store.
- Use a block of parmesan cheese for the most flavor! Not only does freshly shredded parmesan melt seamlessly, but it also has the most flavor when it comes straight from the block.
- Dice up the sun-dried tomatoes for smaller bites! Sometimes sun-dried tomatoes will come already sliced into julienne pieces, but sometimes they are whole. Dice them up once you take them out of the jar if you want them in smaller pieces.
- Want some extra veggies? Throw in some spinach at the end and it will wilt perfectly
side dishes to serve with marry me chicken
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called marry me chicken?
Marry me chicken was coined its name because it is so delicious that the person you serve it to might just want to propose to you! Maybe the name is a little over the top, but it certainly speaks to just how delicious this chicken recipe is!
How should I serve marry me chicken?
How should I store leftover marry me chicken?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove until heated through!
More Chicken Dinner REcipes to Try
Marry Me Chicken
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil sliced, for serving
- Add flour, salt and pepper to a shallow bowl, mix to combine.One at a time dredge chicken in the seasoned flour, set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add in the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness)Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet add in the onions and sun dried tomatoes. Saute for 4 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.Stir in the chicken stock and deglaze the pan by scraping up the brown bites "fond" off the bottom of the pan. (This adds so much flavor!)
- Add in heavy cream, Italian seasonings and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add the chicken back to the pan.
- Serve immediately with basil for garnish.