Baked Honey Barbecue Boneless Chicken Wings are coated in crunchy cornflakes and tossed with a sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce! Perfect as an appetizer or for dinner, these BBQ wings are poppable!
Easy BBQ Boneless Chicken Wings
I love boneless wings! They are one of my favorite appetizers to get when I am out to eat. These Honey Barbecue Boneless Chicken Wings are loaded with tons of sauce, crispy, and super easy to make.
The Chicken is baked instead of fried and is coated in a 3 step breading process to make sure it is extra crispy. For my breading, I used crushed cornflakes for extra crunch, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder for an extra kick. The crunch combined with the flavor is addictive!
These boneless chicken wings go with everything! They are perfect for a party (Superbowl!), as an appetizer, or as a main dish.
Why you will love this boneless chicken wings recipe
- It’s easy! For this boneless chicken wings recipe, all you have to do is bread the chicken bites, bake them, and warm up the honey BBQ sauce before tossing the chicken bites with it. Super simple!
- Quick to make. This recipe is ready in just 30 minutes! This is a great dinner idea for busy families.
- Better than takeout. This Barbecue Boneless Chicken Wings recipe is so much better than take-out! It’s healthier too as the wings are baked instead of fried. You can use your favorite BBQ sauce – there are so many great options out there!
- Everyone loves them! From the youngest to the oldest, everyone will love digging into these Barbecue Bites!
How to make Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites
- Preheat oven: To 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set it aside.
- Set up a breading station: Add flour to a small bowl, set aside. Add cornflakes, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Set aside. Whisk eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Bread chicken: Begin by dipping chicken in flour then egg, then the crushed cornflakes. Repeat with all of the chicken bites.
- Bake: Place the breaded chicken bites on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side flipping halfway through.
- Make the sauce: Heat the barbecue sauce and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Serve: Toss to coat the boneless chicken wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
Tips for Success
- Always dip the raw chicken into flour first before dipping it into the egg. This helps the breading to stick really well to the chicken without it falling off.
- Experiment with different BBQ sauce flavors! Some barbecue sauces are hot and spicy, some are sweet and mild, while others are super tangy! Try a different sauce each time. You could also experiment with mustard and make them honey mustard chicken bites! Use less mustard than you would BBQ sauce, try 1/2 cup.
- Make your own BBQ Sauce! My tried and true Bourbon Barbecue Sauce is DELICIOUS and perfect for these boneless chicken wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are boneless chicken wings? Boneless chicken wings are not actually wings, but chicken breast meat! There wouldn’t be much meat left if you deboned a chicken wing so, for ease, we use chicken breast meat.
- Are boneless chicken wings healthy? Compared to fried chicken wings, these baked boneless wings are much healthier as they aren’t deep-fried in oil. You can make them even healthier depending on the sauce and breadcrumbs that are added.
- Are boneless wings keto? Not usually, as they are coated in breadcrumbs (or cornflakes in this case). If you’re looking for a keto-friendly chicken wings recipe, try my Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
What to serve with BBQ Boneless Chicken Wings
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Potatoes
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Side Salad
- The BEST Cornbread
- Spicy Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- The BEST Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy One Pan Bourbon Chicken
- Easy Thai Chicken Satay
Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Add flour to a small bowl, set aside.
- Add cornflakes, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Begin by dipping chicken in flour then egg, then the crushed cornflakes. Repeat with all of the chicken bites.
- Place the breaded chicken bites on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side flipping halfway through.
- Heat the barbecue sauce and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Toss to coat the chicken bites in the sauce and serve immediately.
Originally published Aug 9, 2016