This Skinny Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and only requires one pot! It’s a light, refreshing healthy soup you can enjoy all year long. Perfect for summer and winter alike!
Homemade Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup
The New Year is filled with lots of resolutions — eat better, get more sleep, and exercise. I’m ambitious, so I’m attempting to conquer all three — starting with eating better. This Creamy Broccoli Soup is just what you need to do just that! Loaded with spinach, broccoli, garlic, and Greek yogurt, this is a healthy, light, and refreshing soup that is sure to satisfy the whole family. Plus, no milk or cream needed, and it’s all made in just one pot!
What Is Broccoli Spinach Soup, Exactly?
This vibrant green soup has the same consistency of cream of broccoli soup without the milk or heavy cream. For flavor, I added garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese, and fresh pepper.
But how is this soup so creamy without heavy cream or milk? Tons of veggies and not too much chicken stock! The soup gets finished off with just a bit of Greek yogurt. It’s a super healthy clean soup that will make eating your daily vegetables fun!
This is easy broccoli soup recipe is packed with simple, wholesome ingredients. Loaded with tons of fiber and vitamins, this soup packs 4 cups of broccoli and 4 cups of spinach. That’s about 2 cups of veggies per serving!
Plus, everything gets cooked in one pot, making for an easy clean up. (Don’t worry about chopping the onions fully. They will get puréed with the soup in the blender.)
All you need to make this Creamy Broccoli Soup is: extra virgin olive oil, an onion, garlic, broccoli, low-sodium chicken stock, fresh spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and plain Greek yogurt.
Serve with an extra dollop of Greek yogurt, some chopped parsley or chives, and some crusty bread to complete the meal!
How To Make Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup
- Start by sautéing onions in olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic, and cook for one minute.
- Toss in chopped broccoli, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat, add spinach, and cook until wilted. Toss in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly, then add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender, you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth (about 1-2 minutes per batch). Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine.
- To serve, pour broccoli soup into bowls and garnish with extra Greek yogurt, chives or parsley, fresh cracked pepper, and crusty bread. Enjoy!
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store cooled, leftover Creamy Broccoli Soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze this broccoli soup in an airtight, freezer-safe container or plastic bag for up to 6 months.
- Reheat soup from frozen or chilled in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until warmed through and simmering.
Here are more Easy Soup Recipes to try!
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
- The BEST Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Tomato Soup
Never miss out! Need more quick & easy recipes like these baked French fries in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup With Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 4 cups broccoli stems removed roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- greek yogurt for garnish if desired
- Add oil to a large pot. Add in onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in broccoli and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly. Add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately. Garnish with greek yogurt if desired.