Skinny Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and only takes one pot!
The New Year is filled with lots of resolutions. Eat better, get more sleep and exercise. I am trying to conquer all three. Starting with eating better. This soup is just what you need to start your new year off right. Loaded with spinach, broccoli, garlic and Greek yogurt. No milk or cream needed. It’s super healthy, delicious and satisfying.
This is a super easy recipe with simple ingredients. Loaded with tons of fiber and vitamins. This soup packs 4 cups of broccoli and 4 cups of spinach. That’s about 2 cups of veggies for one serving!
Soup is one of my favorite meals to prepare during the winter months. Quick, easy and comforting.
This colorful soup has the same consistency of cream of broccoli soup without the milk or heavy cream. For flavor I added garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.
How is this soup so creamy without heavy cream or milk? Tons of veggies and not too much chicken stock. The soup gets finished off with just a bit of Greek yogurt. A super healthy clean soup. This soup will make you want to eat your vegetables.
How to make Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup
To make this colorful soup start by sautéing onions in olive oil in a large pot. Add in garlic and cook for one minute. Toss in chopped broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. Add in stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender. Take off the heat and add in spinach and cook until wilted. Toss in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Cool soup slightly then add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch. Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine. Pour into bowls and garnish with extra Greek yogurt, chives and fresh cracked pepper. Serve immediately!
Here are more Easy Soup Recipes to try!
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
- The BEST Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup With Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 4 cups broccoli stems removed roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Chives for garnish if desired
- Greek yogurt for garnish if desired
- Add oil to a large pot.
- Add in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in broccoli and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly.
- Add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish.