Take your garlic bread up a notch and make this Cheesy Garlic Bread! Made with an herb garlic butter and shredded Monterey jack and parmesan cheese this will soon be your new favorite way to make garlic bread!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best HOmemade GARLIC BREAD
I can’t think of anything better than warm, cheesy garlic bread coming straight out of the oven. The crispy crust, garlicky butter layer, and melty cheese create an indulgent and delicious side dish or appetizer that absolutely everyone will love!
My cheesy garlic bread recipe uses just the right amount of butter to add flavor and moisture, but not make it greasy. Top it off with a good melty cheese like monterey jack cheese along with some high quality parmesan for the best garlic bread ever!
Garlic bread is perfect to pair with dinner, pastas and soups, or simply whip this up when you need a savory snack!
- Loaf of Bread: You can use a loaf of Italian or French bread, or even a homemade loaf of bread if you have the time!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter since the cheese adds salty flavor, but salted butter will also do the trick.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is the secret to absolutely delicious garlic bread! Skip the powder for this recipe!
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds a little herby flavor and a pop of color!
- Monterey Jack Cheese: I love using Monterey jack cheese here, but you can use sharp cheddar cheese or a blend.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan adds a deeper flavor to this cheesy bread!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and parsley.
- Spread Butter: Spread garlic herb butter onto the bread.
- Add Cheese: Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Broil: Turn the oven to broil and cook for 1-2 more minutes to get more color on it, making sure to keep a close eye on it.
- Serve: Slice, serve and enjoy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Let your butter soften! You will want to use room temperature butter to make it easy to mix with other ingredients and spread on the bread!
- Make it spicy! Add a few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes for a slightly spicy kick!
- No need to cover the bread! You want that cheese to get super melty and the bread to get toasty, so there is no need to cover the bread. If you see it toasting too quickly, you can cover it with foil if desired.
- Serve warm! You definitely want to serve this cheesy garlic bread while it is still warm, but be careful slicing it! Wait a few minutes so you don’t burn yourself trying to cut into it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I serve with cheesy garlic bread?
How should I store leftover garlic bread?
If you have any of this bread leftover, I would be surprised! But it can happen. Simply wrap it up in foil or place in an airtight container and store in room temperature for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven, toaster oven or air fryer until warm to keep it crispy!
MORE Bread RECIPES TO TRY
- Pepperoni Bread
- Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Easy Focaccia Bread
- Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut in half
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a small bowl combine butter, garlic and parsley.
- Spread garlic herb butter onto the bread.
- Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to Broil and cook for 1-2 more minutes to get more color on it making sure to keep a close eye on it.Slice, serve and enjoy!