Easy Chicken Fajitas
Super Easy Chicken Fajitas. Marinated chicken breast sautéed with peppers and onions. Ready in only 20 minutes!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder if you don't have this you can substitute regular chili powder instead
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- cilantro for serving if desired
- lime wedges for serving if desired
*NOTE: Cook time does not include marinating time*
Add oil, lime juice, both chili powders, cumin, paprika, garlic and onion powder to a ziplock bag. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
Add in chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
Spray a cast iron skillet or a regular skillet with cooking spray.
Add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Take the chicken out of the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile add the peppers, onions and the reserved marinade to the same pan the chicken was in. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
While the peppers are cooking slice the chicken breast.
Toss the chicken back into the pan with the peppers.
Serve immediately with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired. I like to serve these Chicken Fajitas with flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa and guacamole!