Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Melt in your mouth Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef. Cooked low and slow for 8 hours! Perfect for tacos, burritos and quesadillas!
- 3 pound chuck roast fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 chiptoles in adobo chopped (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and toss to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is tender.
When the beef is tender spoon it out of the liquid and into another dish or cutting board. Shred with two forks into bite sized pieces.
Remove the bay leaves
Spoon the liquid from the slow cooker on top. Allow the beef to rest for 10-15 minutes. This allows the beef to soak up some of the liquid.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!