The BEST Fried Rice
The BEST Fried Rice. This fried rice is loaded with veggies and only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 medium carrots small dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice (I either use white or brown rice)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sliced green onions for garnish if desired
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet.
Add the eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon of butter into the pan.
Add carrots and onion to the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add in the cold rice and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes. The rice should brown up a bit.
Add the eggs back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
Serve immediately with green onions for garnish, if desired.