Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup With Greek Yogurt
Skinny Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and only takes one pot!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 4 cups broccoli stems removed roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Chives for garnish if desired
- Greek yogurt for garnish if desired
Add oil to a large pot.
Add in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Toss in broccoli and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
Cool soup slightly.
Add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine.
Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately.
Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish.