Tomato and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
A light and healthy corn, tomato, and black bean quinoa salad. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is both vegan and gluten free.
- 1/2 cup organic gluten free red quinoa I used Trader Joe's
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Meanwhile, add corn, beans, tomatoes, oil, lime, basil and cilantro to a large bowl. Add cooked quinoa and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine.