Stuffed Baked Apple Crisp
Stuffed Baked Apple Crisp loaded with a crunchy oat filling and topped with ice cream. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 4 gala apples
- lemon juice for drizzling the apples
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled
- ice cream for serving if desired
Preheat the Sharp Convection Microwave to 400 degrees. (You can use this same method for a regular oven as well).
Cut the tops off of the apples and take out the core. Sprinkle the inside of the apples with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
Combine both flours, oats, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
Divide the crisp mixture evenly between the apples.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crumb filling is golden brown and crisp.
Serve immediately with ice cream, if desired.