Stuffed Baked Apple Crisp loaded with a crunchy oat filling and topped with ice cream. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sharp. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Stuffed Baked Apples are waaaay better than an apple crisp because everything gets stuffed inside the apple. That means way more apple flavor!
I made these baked apples in the awesome Sharp R-830 Convection Microwave Oven. This oven combines the speed of a microwave with the browning and roasting elements of a convection oven.
The Convection Microwave Oven let’s you microwave foods as you would with a normal microwave as well as an option for convection cooking. They can be used together for super fast cooking and browning or by themselves.
The oven preheats super fast and takes only 20 minutes to cook the apples!
The crumb mixture takes just a couple of minutes to prepare and can be done while the oven is preheating. I used the same crisp topping as my Individual Mixed Berry Crisp. The crisp is made with old fashioned oats, hazelnut meal, butter and a smidge of all purpose flour. If you can’t find the hazelnut meal in the grocery store substitute all purpose flour. The hazelnut meal gives the crumb topping a nice nutty flavor.
After the filling is done I core the apple and scoop out some of the filling to make a nice well for the filling to go in. After they are stuffed with the crisp I place them in the Sharp R-830 Convection Microwave Oven. They take only 20 minutes to cook! The apples come out super tender and the filling is golden brown and crunchy.
Top with vanilla ice cream and chopped hazelnuts if desired. To me the ice cream with the warm apple is totally necessary.
Love this Stuffed Baked Apple Crisp? Here are some more dessert recipes to try:
Stuffed Baked Apple Crisp
- 4 gala apples
- lemon juice for drizzling the apples
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup hazelnut meal
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- ice cream for serving, if desired
- Preheat the Sharp Convection Microwave to 400 degrees. (You can use this same method for a regular oven as well).
- Cut the tops off of the apples and take out the core. Sprinkle the inside of the apples with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Combine both flours, oats, brown sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Divide the crisp mixture evenly between the apples.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crumb filling is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with ice cream, if desired.