I am so excited to share this delicious and easy Apple Fritter Bread recipe with all of you! It’s one of my latest favorites. Super moist and packed with sweet, cinnamon-y apple flavor, this recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Homemade Apple Fritters (But in Bread Form!)
Sometimes (OK most of the time), you just need something sweet to nibble on. And this homemade Apple Fritter Bread recipe is just the ticket to satisfying your sweet tooth and using up all of those apples on your counter.
This is almost more like an apple cake, but I baked it in a loaf pan, so let’s call it bread. I combined my favorite flavors and textural components of apple fritters (one of my all-time favorite donuts) and cinnamon bread to create this beauty. It’s packed with sweet cinnamon-sugar apples and topped with a dreamy powdered sugar glaze. My favorite part of this bread is the crunchy streusel like top and the soft bites of apple you get throughout the bread!
I love serving it warm with a pad of softened salted butter, but it’s delicious all on it’s own with a cup of coffee or a scoop of ice cream. This apple bread recipe can be served for breakfast or dessert!
This Apple Fritter Bread is comprised of three components: the apple filling (with flavors reminiscent of apple pie), the super moist bread, and the glaze.
For the easy apple filling, you’ll need light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and diced apples (your choice to peel them or not). Grannysmiths, Honeycrisps, or Galas would be great in this recipe.
For the cinnamon bread batter, you’ll need standard baking ingredients, including: unsalted butter (softened to room temperature), light brown sugar, eggs (also at room temperature), pure vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, milk, and — of course — cinnamon.
For the glaze, all you’ll need is powdered sugar and milk.
How To Make Apple Fritter Bread
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In the meantime, prepare your apple filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped apples in a medium bowl to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare your cinnamon bread batter by creaming together the softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla.
- Once the wet ingredients are well-combined, but not over-mixed, whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg) in a separate bowl before slowly adding to the wet ingredients.
- Lastly, add the milk. Then, scrape down the sides of the bowl and make sure everything is combined. (It’s OK to still see streaks of flour.)
- Now, assemble the Apple Fritter Bread in four steps. First, add a layer of the cinnamon bread batter to the bottom of the loaf pan. Then, top that layer of batter with 1/2 of the apple filling. Pour the remaining half of the batter on top of the filling then finish with the remaining apple filling!
- Bake For 50-60 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes in the pan before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The last step is to prepare the glaze before serving. Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled bread, serve warm, and enjoy!
You can enjoy this easy Apple Fritter Bread as is or with any of these suggested pairings:
- With a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cider
- Or a scoop of your favorite ice cream
- With a generous drizzle of homemade caramel sauce
- Or served simply with a pad of softened butter
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze your Apple Fritter Bread by the slice or as a whole loaf for up to 3 months.
- Reheat from frozen or room temperature in the microwave or oven until warmed through or toasted.
More Bread Recipes To Make for Breakfast or Dessert
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Scones
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Apple Fritter Bread
Super moist and packed with sweet, cinnamon-y apple flavor, this homemade Apple Fritter Bread recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, diced
Cinnamon Bread Batter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven: to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Make apple filling: Add brown sugar, cinnamon and apples to a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Cream butter and sugar: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for 2-3 minutes, or until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla: and mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients: Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients: To the stand mixer on low speed then add in the milk.
- First layer: Pour half of the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Second layer: Top with half of the apple mixture.
- Third layer: Pour the remaining half of the batter on top.
- Fourth layer: Sprinkle with the remaining apple mixture.
- Bake: For 50-60 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean.Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes in the pan before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled bread and serve!