Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
This Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread recipe can be made easily at home without a mixer or bread machine! It makes the perfect breakfast or dessert, especially when paired with a hot cup of coffee.
Love easy quick bread recipes? Then try my Caramel Pecan Banana Bread and my Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Bread!
Easy Homemade Cinnamon Quick Bread
Believe me when I say that this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread is amazing! This bread comes together in minutes, and — even better — it doesn’t require a mixer, yeast or a bread machine! The bread is soft and moist with the perfect amount of cinnamon. It’s crunchy along the top and edges thanks to the cinnamon sugar topping, and topped with a powdered sugar glaze to guarantee each bite it sweet and delicious.
This Cinnamon Quick Bread can be served for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack. I love enjoying a warm or toasted slice with a cup of hot coffee in the morning, or as the something sweet I need before bed.
I like to serve this bread warm with a bit of butter slathered on top and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
You’ll need a handful of standard baking ingredients to make this easy quick bread recipe, including: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, brown sugar, buttermilk, pure vanilla extract, an egg, and canola oil. You can substitute unsweetened apple sauce or coconut oil for the canola oil, if desired, to reduce calories.
And for the sweet glaze, all you need is powdered sugar and milk. You can use any milk you like, or even water.
How To Make Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- First, mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately than fold together to create a thick batter.
- Next, combine cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. (This is our swirl!) I add half of the bread batter to a loaf pan then top it with half the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Pour in the remaining batter, followed by the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the batter to marble the bread. (I typically do a couple figure 8’s).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in the pan and take it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice it up, serve, and enjoy!
How To Make the Powdered Sugar Glaze
The glaze is totally optional, but I think it makes the bread! Simply combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl, and whisk until smooth and lump-free. Once the bread is completely cooled, drizzle on top!
If the glaze is too thick, add more milk; and if it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store leftover Cinnamon Swirl Bread in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freeze cooked, cooled quick bread in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheat thawed or room temperature bread in a toaster oven or a preheated oven on 325 until warmed through.
Tips and Variations
- Add some nuts like chopped pecans or walnuts. Toasted are even better, but raw will work.
- Add a crunchy streusel topping for more sweet, cinnamon flavor.
- Turn this quick bread recipe into cinnamon swirl muffins by baking in a prepared muffin tin!
More Sweet Bread Recipes To Try
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
Need more quick & easy recipes in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking soda and salt, set aside,
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add half of the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining batter in followed by the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Using a butter knife swirl the batter to marble the bread. (I do a couple figure 8's).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in the pan and take it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When it is cool drizzle with the glaze and serve.
- In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until it is smooth and clump free. Set aside until you are ready to drizzle ontop of the bread.
Adapted from Taste of Home