Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread. The perfect breakfast treat loaded with cinnamon and drizzled with a thick glaze.
Thank you De’Longhi for sponsoring this post! All opinions and text are my own.
This Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread is amazing! This bread comes together in minutes and doesn’t require a mixer or yeast. Simply mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients seperatly than fold together to create a thick batter. Than I layer the batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture then swirl it with my knife. That’s it!
The sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top give the bread a nice crunch. It’s the BEST part!
De’Longhi has created the premium Lattissima Pro in partnership with Nespresso and is compatible with Nespresso pods. I fell in love with this machine! It fits perfectly in my small kitchen and offers so many options to get the perfect cup of coffee every time!
The machine provides six pre-programmed drinks: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water for simple, one touch beverage brewing with the perfect amount of milk every time.
From automatic and manual espresso, cappuccino and coffee machines De’Longhi has so many one touch options when it comes to making the perfect cup of coffee at home.
This cinnamon swirl bread goes perfectly alongside a cup of Nespresso.
The glaze is totally optional but I think it makes the bread! Simply combine powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the cooled bread.
I like to serve this bread warm with a bit of butter slathered on top and a drizzle of maple syrup! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1½-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, ½ cup brown sugar, baking soda and salt, set aside,
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ½ cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add half of the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining batter in followed by the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Using a butter knife swirl the batter to marble the bread. (I do a couple figure 8's).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in the pan and take it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When it is cool drizzle with the glaze and serve.
- In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until it is smooth and clump free. Set aside until you are ready to drizzle ontop of the bread.
NotesAdapted from Taste of Home
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.