Easy Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread. Learn how to make a quick bread at home without a mixer or bread machine! This bread makes the perfect breakfast or dessert!
This Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread is amazing! This bread comes together in minutes and doesn’t require a mixer, yeast or a bread machine! The bread is soft and moist with the perfect amount of cinnamon. It’s crunchy along the top and edges thanks to the cinnamon sugar topping.
How to make cinnamon swirl bread
Simply mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately than fold together to create a thick batter. Next I combine cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. This is our swirl! I add half of the bread batter to a loaf pan then top it with half the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Pour the remaining batter in followed by the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Using a butter knife swirl the batter to marble the bread. (I do a couple figure 8’s). Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in the pan and take it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
What you need to make this cinnamon swirl quick bread
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Canola Oil (can substitute apple sauce to save on calories or you could use coconut oil)
- Powdered Sugar
How to make the glaze
The glaze is totally optional but I think it makes the bread! Simply combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. Once the bread is cool drizzle on top!
I like to serve this bread warm with a bit of butter slathered on top and a drizzle of maple syrup! Enjoy!
Here are more bread recipes to enjoy!
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking soda and salt, set aside,
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add half of the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining batter in followed by the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Using a butter knife swirl the batter to marble the bread. (I do a couple figure 8's).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes in the pan and take it out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When it is cool drizzle with the glaze and serve.
- In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until it is smooth and clump free. Set aside until you are ready to drizzle ontop of the bread.
Adapted from Taste of Home