Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread. Super soft, moist and perfectly spiced! The perfect breakfast or dessert for Fall!
Pumpkin bread is one of my favorite things about Fall. I took it up a notch and added a cream cheese swirl to the bread! The bread comes out moist, slightly sweet with the perfect amount of spice. I found that adding the oil and sour cream makes the bread extra soft and spongy. The pumpkin puree also helps to keep the bread super moist.
How to make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
This recipe is extremely simple. No mixer needed. Simply whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl than fold in the dry ingredients. Make sure not to over mix the batter. In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and flour. Layer 2/3 of the batter in a loaf pan then layer with the cream cheese filling followed with the pumpkin batter on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm with a bit of butter on top or plain!
Tips for making The Best Pumpkin Bread
- Don’t over mix the batter. This will lead to a tougher bread.
- Make sure the bread is fully cooked before taking it out of the oven. If the bread is undercooked it will sink in the middle.
- Resist the urge to slice into it right away. Let it cool completely before slicing it.
Here are more bread recipes to enjoy!
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- The BEST Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- Marble Chocolate Banana Bread
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, egg, sugar, oil, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the pumpkin spice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt just until just combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Meanwhile prepare the cream cheese filling by whisking all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the batter spreading it out gently with a spatula.
- Pour the remaining batter on top carefully spreading it as well.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
Originally published Sep 29, 2017