Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Super moist, soft and loaded with chocolate chips! The perfect breakfast or dessert for Fall!
Here is your first of many pumpkin recipes to come. It took ALOT of restraint to wait this long to post a pumpkin recipe. Pumpkin bread is just one of my favorite things about Fall. Apple cider doughnuts, pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin smoothies are also at the top of the list.
This quick bread is slightly adapted form my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. Loading quick breads with chocolate chips seems to be a trend for me!
The bread comes up moist, slightly sweet with the perfect amount of spice. I found the oil and greek yogurt makes the bread extra soft and spongy. The purred pumpkin also helps to keep this bread moist.
This recipe is extremely simple. No mixer needed. Simply whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and fold to combine. Top with chocolate chips and bake.
You could always substitute the chocolate chips for nuts. Although I think the melted, gooey chocolate chips go perfectly with the tender pumpkin bread.
A couple tips for making this pumpkin bread:
- Don’t over mix the batter. Just like cakes and cookies over mixing will lead to a tougher bread.
- Make sure to use pure canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling.
- Keep the oven door shut. Continuously opening the oven door will cause the bread to sink.
- Make sure the bread is fully cooked before taking it out of the oven. If the bread is undercooked it will sink in the middle.
- Resist the urge to slice into it right away. Let it cool completely before slicing it.
Love this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread? Here are some more Fall recipes to try:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, pumpkin, both sugars and greek yogurt until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the top begins to brown cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bread and serve!
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!