You are going to love this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! This delicious quick bread is super moist, soft and loaded with tons of chocolate chips! It will become your new favorite breakfast of dessert this Fall!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This quick bread is slightly adapted from my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. It is super moist, slightly sweet with the perfect amount of spice. I found the oil and Greek yogurt makes the bread extra soft and spongy. The pureed pumpkin also helps to keep this bread moist.
This recipe is extremely simple. No mixer needed. Simply whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and fold to combine. Top with chocolate chips and bake. That’s it!
You could always substitute the chocolate chips for nuts. Although I think the melted, gooey chocolate chips go perfectly with the tender pumpkin bread. This Pumpkin Bread is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
What makes this Pumpkin Bread the BEST!
- Super moist! Say goodbye to dry pumpkin bread. The pumpkin, eggs, oil AND greek yogurt add so much moisture to the bread. I also like to slightly underbake my bread slightly to keep it super soft and melt in your mouth.
- Loaded with flavor! This pumpkin bread is bursting with so much Fall flavor thanks to the cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice!
- No mixer needed! Everything is made in two bowls. It’s super easy to make and a fun recipe for the kids to get involved in making.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Flour: All purpose flour is used however substitute gluten free flour 1:1 if you are gluten free.
- Baking Soda: Allows the bread to rise and become light and fluffy.
- Salt: A bit of salt will enhance all of the flavors especially the chocolate in this bread!
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice add the perfect fall flavor to this bread! You can also substitute all of the spices for 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Eggs: Help to bind the ingredients together and adds a lot of moisture to the loaf.
- Canola Oil: Any type of neutral oil would work great to add moisture to the pumpkin bread. You could also use vegetable oil or melted coconut oil.
- Pumpkin Puree: Is the star of the show! Pumpkin puree is the key ingredient for this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe.
- Sugar: I add both granulated and light brown sugar to this bread. Light brown sugar adds extra moisture which is helpful with any baked good!
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Adds so much moisture to this pumpkin loaf. You can also add in sour cream if you don’t have Greek yogurt.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Are my favorite to use however white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips would also be delicious in this bread!
Step by Step Instructions
You are going to love how easy it is to make this delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe. There is absolutely no mixer needed, just a little elbow grease and lots of love!
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, pumpkin, both sugars and Greek yogurt until combined.
- Combine / Make batter: Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the top begins to brown cover with aluminum foil.
- Cool / Slice: Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. When the bread is cool enough to handle slice with a serrated knife.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Just like cakes and cookies over mixing will lead to a tougher bread.
- Make sure to use pure canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling.
- Keep the oven door shut. Continuously opening the oven door will cause the bread to sink.
- Make sure the bread is fully cooked before taking it out of the oven. If the bread is undercooked it will sink in the middle. A toothpick inserted should come out mostly clean except for a couple crumbs.
- Resist the urge to slice into it right away. Let it cool completely before slicing it. Cutting too soon could cause the loaf to fall.
- Place some chocolate chips on top when the bread comes out of the oven for presentation! You could also sprinkle some on top of the loaf before it goes into the oven.
How to Serve Pumpkin Bread
I recommend serving pumpkin bread slices warmed up. Either microwave slices for 30 seconds or reheat in a pan with a bit of butter. If your feeling extra fancy serve this with homemade pumpkin butter or cinnamon cream cheese!
How long does Pumpkin Bread keep?
Pumpkin Bread lasts for up to 5 days at room temperature in an airtight container. To maintain freshness it’s important to make sure this is wrapped really well. You may also freeze your bread for up to 3 months. I like to freeze individual slices of pumpkin bread in foil then place the slices in a ziplock bag.
Here Are More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes To Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- The BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, pumpkin, both sugars and greek yogurt until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the top begins to brown cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.