This Cranberry Orange Bread is super moist and tender with the perfect amount of zest, and just a hint of tart. Coated in an irresistible orange glaze, this easy quick bread recipe is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack with tea or coffee! Try it this Thanksgiving or Christmas!
I love baking during the holidays! It’s so fun to play with warm seasonal flavors like ginger, cloves, cinnamon, mint, and also seasonal produce like apples, oranges, and cranberries. These flavors and fruits are not only delicious, but they’re packed full of healthy inflammatories and nutrients like vitamin C!
This moist Cranberry Orange Bread recipe is not too sweet, soft on the inside, and crisp and crunchy on the corners. I used both orange juice and orange zest to make sure this bread is packed full with lots of orange flavor! Once the bread is cooled I pour on a homemade orange glaze. This bread makes a perfect breakfast or dessert and is great to serve during the holidays!
Best of all this bread is made with pantry staples that you’ll already have on hand, plus it comes together in minutes using just one bowl and no stand mixer. You will love the aroma coming from your oven when you bake this cranberry orange quick bread!
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
Cranberry Orange Bread
- Cranberries: You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries. I love how their tartness complements the sweet zestiness of the oranges in this Cranberry Orange Bread recipe.
- Oranges: I added both orange juice for moisture, as well as orange zest to really bring out the orange flavor in this sweet bread.
- Butter: Butter brings an extra layer of flavor and richness. It really make this recipe delicious!
- Sugar: Sugar is essential in this recipe to balance out the tartness of the cranberries and orange.
- Baking powder & baking soda: These pantry staples help the bread to rise well.
- Egg: This is the binding ingredient that brings everything together, and also helps it to rise a little as well.
- Powdered Sugar: Use powdered sugar instead of granulated in this cranberry orange bread recipe to make sure that the glaze is perfectly smooth.
- Orange Juice: Orange juice adds flavor as well as making the glaze nice and runny so it can easily be added to the cranberry bread.
How to make Cranberry Orange Bread with glaze
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Make batter: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Stir in the zest, juice, and egg. Mix until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake: Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Make glaze: While the cranberry orange bread is baking, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice for the glaze and set aside.
- Cool: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
How to make the Orange Glaze
Simply combine powdered sugar and fresh-squeezed orange juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside until you are ready to drizzle on top of cooled bread.
How to store Cranberry Orange Bread
- Store: In an airtight container at room temperature. It was last up to 4 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze this cranberry and orange bread for up to 3 months. Make sure the bread isn’t glazed when you freeze it and store it in an airtight container like a ziploc freezer bag. When you’re ready to eat it, allow the bread to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bring it to room temperature before glazing.
Can you substitute dried cranberries for fresh in recipes?
Yes! However, you need to adjust the amount of cranberries. For instance, this recipe calls for 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries. If using dried, 1 cup of fresh cranberries is equal to 3/4 cup dried. Make sure you soak them in boiling water for about 15 minutes. This will make them plump and soft again.
Here are more bread recipes to enjoy!
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⁄4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 ⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cranberries chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in the zest, juice and egg. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
Adapted from Genius Kitchen