Cranberry Orange Bread. Super moist and tender with the perfect amount of zest. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
This Cranberry Orange Bread is not too sweet, soft on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the corners. Plus it comes together in minutes. All you need for this recipe is 1 bowl. No stand mixer needed! I used both orange juice and orange zest to make sure this bread had lots of orange flavor! Once the bread is cooled I pour on a homemade orange glaze. This bread makes a perfect breakfast or dessert and is great to serve during the holidays!
How to make Cranberry Orange Bread
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Make batter: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Stir in the zest, juice and egg. Mix until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake: Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Cool: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
How to make the Orange Glaze
Simply combine powdered sugar and fresh squeeze orange juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside until you are ready to drizzle on top of cooled bread.
Here are more bread recipes to enjoy!
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- Marble Chocolate Banana Bread
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⁄4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 ⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cranberries chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in the zest, juice and egg. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
Adapted from Genius Kitchen