Cranberry Orange Bread. Super moist and tender with the perfect amount of zest. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
This Cranberry Orange Bread is not too sweet, soft on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the corners. Plus it comes together in minutes. All you need for this recipe is 1 bowl. No stand mixer needed!
I used both orange juice and orange zest to make sure this bread had lots of orange flavor!
You can serve this bread as is or with an optional orange glaze!
It would make the perfect make ahead breakfast treat on Christmas morning!!
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in the zest, juice and egg. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 30 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread is cool pour on the glaze and serve!
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
NotesAdapted from Genius Kitchen