Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread. Super soft and moist. Drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate!
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly moist, perfectly sweet and loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
My trick to banana bread is to add extra bananas. I usually add 4 large bananas to my bread to keep it extra moist and to add extra sweetness.
I also add buttermilk and coconut oil to keep the bread moist. Once the bread is cool I drizzle melted peanut butter and chocolate on top.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine banana, peanut butter, brown sugar, buttermilk, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely before releasing from the pan.
- Melt the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips, set aside.
- Melt peanut butter until smooth and pourable, set aside.
- Once bread is cool drizzle the melted chocolate and peanut butter ontop of bread. (Both will harden as they cool)
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.