This thick and creamy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie recipe is loaded with creamy peanut butter, old fashioned oats, bananas, and soy milk. It’s sure to keep you full and satisfied all morning! Perfect for busy mornings, work commutes, post-workout fueling, or midday snacks.
Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
Smoothies that are healthy AND taste good are the best! And the ones that require a spoon instead of a straw are even better. This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie is loaded with creamy peanut butter, old fashioned oats, and soy milk. Even though it’s loaded with protein and healthy nutrients, it tastes like dessert in a glass!
This homemade smoothie recipe makes just enough for one serving. It is the perfect portion size for a snack, breakfast, or midday meal. But you can easily double it if you’re making smoothies for two. (That’s my kind of love language!)
With only a few simple ingredients this smoothie comes together quickly. It can be made in under 5 minutes! Perfect for hectic mornings when you are running out the door.
- Oats: Rolled oats and old fashioned oats work best in this smoothie. I would not suggest using steel cut oats in this recipe, as they’ll result in a gritty smoothie.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: You can use natural nut butter in place of the peanut butter if you prefer, to cut down on the sugar. Almond or cashew nut butter would both be delicious!
- Banana: I like using frozen bananas in this smoothie. It keeps the smoothie extra thick, and it’s the perfect excuse to use up all those overripe bananas on your counter or in your freezer! If you do not like banana, then I would suggest substituting the banana with greek yogurt.
- Soy Milk: Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular milk can be substituted.
TIP: For an extra chilled smoothie freeze your banana first! You could also just add some ice cubes too!
How Much Protein Is In This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie?
This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie is loaded with protein. One serving packs in 14.7 grams of protein and 4.7 grams of fiber, making this a simple, yet filling, smoothie. Here’s where all that protein comes from:
- 1/2 cup of Soy Milk -> 4 grams of protein
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter -> 8.0 grams
- 1 whole Banana -> 1.2 grams
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats -> 2.7 grams
How To Make a Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
To make the smoothie, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, blend for 30 seconds (or until smooth), and stir. Blend again for another 30 seconds to 60 seconds after stirring to ensure there are no chunks. Pour into a glass (or a bowl), and garnish with banana slices, peanut butter drizzle and oats if desired. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to eat. You can also double or triple the recipe to have extra on hand for the week!
If you love this recipe then you’ll love my Chocolate Energy Bites!
- Want more protein? Add some plain Greek yogurt, raw nuts (like almonds or walnuts), and flax or more chia seeds. You could even add a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
- Incorporate some raw veggies! Spinach is easily hidden in this smoothie, but broccoli or carrots would be good, too!
- Need it to be colder? Add some ice!
- Add some more fruit! Apples, frozen berries, or kiwi would be great here.
- Add a splash of pure vanilla extract for added flavor! Works well with the peanut butter and oatmeal.
- Add spice: A touch of cinnamon or ground cloves would be amazing in this! This smoothie reminds me so much of oatmeal in a glass.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple hours if needed. You can also freeze this prepared smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container. Just re-blend it before enjoying later.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes To Enjoy!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Healthy Baked Oatmeal
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds, optional if desired
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy and lump free.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with banana slices and oats if desired. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.