Super Easy No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. The perfect on the go breakfast!
These DIY Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are super easy to make and take only 15 minutes of prep time! Plus they make 12 bars! I like to individually wrap each one in a snack bag for a grab and go breakfast or snack.
The first thing I do when making these bars is to toast the oats, pecans and almonds in the oven for a couple of minutes until golden brown and nutty. Next I melt butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. I toss the honey mixture with the oats and chocolate chips then press into a 9 x 9 pan.
I like to refrigerate these for 2 hours to firm. The bars can be stored in the fridge for up to a week!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add the oats, almonds and pecans to a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and toasted, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Turn oven off.
- Meanwhile add butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt to a small saucepan. Stir until just melted and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the butter into the oat and nut mixture, mix well. Allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes before folding in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press the mixture down with a spatula. This is important to making it stay together.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up.
- Lift up the bars out of the pan by grabbing the sides of foil.
- Cut into 12 bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
NotesAdapted from Inspired Taste