This simple and delicious 5-ingredient Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola recipe is great for breakfast or as a snack. (And so much better than store-bought!)
Homemade Granola with Coconut, Pecans, and Chocolate Chips
It’s no secret that I love granola. It makes an awesome snack or breakfast and is so easy to make at home. I love coming up with new flavor combinations for granola. Maple Pecan, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Nutella Skillet Granola are just a few of my favorites.
This Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola recipe is ridiculously simple to make — you only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time! It’s loaded with shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, pecans and chocolate chips. It has tons of coconut flavor and big clusters with the perfect amount of sweetness.
It’s packed with coconut flavor thanks to the coconut oil and the shredded coconut. If you haven’t tried coconut oil in your granola yet, you’ve gotta give it a try. The coconut oil and honey hold everything together and help get the large clusters everyone loves. They are melted in the microwave to make it easier to coat the old fashioned oats. Skip the store-bought stuff, and give this homemade granola a try!
All you need to make this delicious and easy homemade granola recipe at home is coconut oil, honey (or pure maple syrup), old fashioned oats, shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped pecans and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How To Make Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola
- Start by melting the coconut oil and honey in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients, and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, and allow the granola to cool. (The granola with get crunchier as it cools. It tends to be sort of soft when it first comes out of the oven.)
- Toss cooled granola with chocolate chips.
- Serve the granola with milk or on top of Greek yogurt, or enjoy it as is!
What To Serve with Homemade Granola
- Your favorite ice cream
- Some cold milk
- Greek yogurt
- Chopped fruit
- Fresh berries
- Whipped cream
- With homemade pancakes or French toast and maple syrup
- Alongside a breakfast or brunch spread with items like my Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, French Toast Muffin Cups, and Veggie Cream Cheese with bagels.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
The granola can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Substitute your favorite nuts or dried fruits to make this homemade granola recipe even more nutritious and filling!
- Add some wheat germ or flax seed to boost up the nutrition value in this granola.
- Add some other chocolate chip varieties like white chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to balance out the sweetness.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes To Try
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- 4 Ingredient Maple Pecan Granola
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pecan Granola
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola
Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add coconut oil and honey to a microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to slightly melt the honey and coconut oil.
- Add the melted honey and coconut oil to a large bowl with the oats, coconut and pecans. Toss to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and allow the granola to cool. The granola with get crunchier as it cools it tends to be sort of soft when it first comes out of the oven.
- Toss cooled granola with chocolate chips and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.