No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites. Loaded with old fashioned oats, peanut butter, protein powder and flax seed. A healthy on the go protein packed snack!
I first posted my 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites two weeks ago and they became an instant hit. I figured I’d give you guys another one of my favorite energy bites to try. This time it is all about the Chocolate! These energy bites taste more like dessert than a snack. In fact when I am craving something sweet I reach for one of these.
These energy bites only require a couple of ingredients and best of all take less than 10 minutes to make! A perfect snack or breakfast when you are on the go. Loaded with protein and fiber to keep you full throughout the day. They are a great way to beat the afternoon slump.
For these Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites I used a little less honey than the original version and added water to the mixture to make it easier to roll. If your mixture is not sticking together add a little more water (1/2 tablespoon at a time) until you are able to roll the bites without crumbling.
To bump up the protein I added one of my favorite chocolate protein powders. One scoop of this has 20 grams of protein!
Wheat germ can be substituted for the flax seed if you have that in your pantry.
To make these Peanut Butter Bites simply combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. If mixture looks too try add a bit more water. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll. Roll into 8 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Here’s where all the energy is coming from:
- Flax seed: 1/2 cup of flax seed provides roughly 15 grams of protein. Flax seed is also loaded with healthy fats, fiber and nutrients.
- Peanut Butter: Filled with healthy fats and fiber. One serving of peanut butter contains 7 grams of protein! Perfect for a quick energy boost and to keep you full throughout the day.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Rich in fiber, protein and nutrients. Old fashioned oats are a great way to sneak in extra nutrients. They are also known to reduce cholesterol.
- Chocolate Protein Powder: Loaded with tons of protein! 1 scoop = 20 grams of protein!
Curb afternoon cravings with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites.
Looking for some other healthy on the go snacks? Here are some of my favorites:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons water
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. If mixture looks too try add a bit more water (1/2 tablespoon at a time).
Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
Roll into 8 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!