This Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese recipe is smooth, super creamy, and loaded with summer veggies like carrots, celery, and scallions. Schmeared on your favorite bagel or english muffin, this is the perfect way to start your day!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese
Sometimes, you just need a warm, toasted bagel schmeared with cream cheese. It’s the perfect breakfast! But take it up a notch with this spring vegetable-loaded version! Packed with finely diced carrots, celery, and scallions, along with garlic powder and onion powder, this is sure to be your new favorite way to eat cream cheese. I love to schmear this garden veggie cream cheese on a toasted bagel or on a sandwich, but it also makes a great dip for chips, crudités, or crackers! Serve it with some smoked salmon for a super fancy brunch!
I decided to make my own homemade vegetable cream cheese after looking at the ingredients at the store bought veggie cream cheese. It is loaded with lots of extra ingredients and I wanted to be able to make a cleaner version for my daughter to enjoy with her homemade everything bagel. This vegetable cream cheese fit the bill! It is everything you love about the veggie cream cheese from the store only better! It makes such a difference using fresh veggies and herbs.
Ingredients for Veggie Cream Cheese
All you need to make the best veggie cream cheese recipe at home is 6 pantry staple ingredients — 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (it’s crucial for it to be soft so that it’s not lumpy), 1 tbsp scallions, 1 tbsp carrots (minced), 1 tbsp red bell peppers, 1 tbsp celery (minced), 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, 1/2 tsp dried dill, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp onion powder. That’s it!
How To Make Veggie Cream Cheese
Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl, and mix until combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week, and enjoy at your leisure for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack!
- Change up the veggies! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Red, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers would be beautiful and delicious additions, as would any pepper, really! Just make sure to finely dice them. You could also add in diced red onion, radish, leeks or fresh garlic!
- Spice it up with some diced jalapeños, red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper!
- Love everything bagels? Add some everything bagel seasoning in place of the onion powder and garlic powder, then stir in the mixed veggies. Best of both worlds!
Store veggie cream cheese in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- I prefer this vegetable cream cheese on the chunky side however you can make this in the food processor if you prefer for a more creamy texture.
- Feel free to double this recipe to make enough for a cream cheese veggie dip.
- This goes great as a spread for veggie sandwiches or on wraps!
- If you are feeling REALLY ambitious try out this recipe for homemade cream cheese.
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
Veggie Cream Cheese
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week and enjoy!