If you’re a sucker for salty snacks like I am, you’ve got to try this Spicy Pita Chips recipe! They’re incredibly easy to make and so much better than store-bought (cheaper, too!). All you need is four ingredients, and you’ll have crispy, crunchy snack in less than 15 minutes!
Homemade Spicy Pita Chips
I’m all about cooking convenience, and for some foods, it just makes sense to buy them at the store. But pita chips? Y’ALL! This homemade version is so much better than what comes in the bag. Trust me!
These Spicy Pita Chips are the perfect snack any day of the week. Drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with spices, and baked until golden brown and crispy — it doesn’t get much better than this.
These homemade spicy pita chips are super easy to make, only require four ingredients, and are ready in less than 15 minutes. They make a perfect appetizer or snack and are great for dipping in guacamole, seven-layer dip, and homemade salsa!
4-Ingredient Spicy Pita Chips
- 4 pitas, cut into triangles (I used white, but you could use whole wheat.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (You could substitute another light-tasting oil, like avocado or grape seed.)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How To Make Homemade Pita Chips
- Cut the pita rounds into triangles. (Doesn’t have to be perfectly even, but they should all be the same general size and shape to ensure they bake evenly.)
- Toss them lightly with extra virgin olive oil, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. (If you like your chips a bit spicier, add more cayenne pepper, some red pepper flakes, or some smoked paprika.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until nice and crispy. Serve with your favorite dips and salsas, and enjoy!
This recipe doesn’t call for salt because the dips eaten with them are typically salty, but if eating plain — or if you’d like them a bit more flavorful — sprinkle with kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt after they come out of the oven.
Variations of Homemade Pita Chips
There’s really no wrong way to make or eat a crispy, crunchy pita chip. Any of these versions would also be delicious:
- Add cumin, chili powder, and oregano for Tex-Mex flavor.
- Sprinkle on some of my Homemade Cajun Seasoning!
- Season plain pita with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and some flakey sea salt for a sweet version. Serve with chocolate hummus, sweet yogurt dip, Nutella, or cheesecake dip. Yum!
- Toss with your favorite fresh or dried herbs. Rosemary, thyme, and dill would be divine!
- Have a favorite all-purpose seasoning? Give it a try on pita chips!
- Toss with some everything seasoning — aka flakey sea salt, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, minced dried garlic, and minced dried onion — and eat with some cream cheese spread for a riff on Everything Bagels.
- Toss with some olive oil, dried or freshly minced garlic, dried or freshly minced ginger, sriracha, soy sauce, and sesame oil for an Asian-inspired spin on pita chips.
- As a side with some chicken shawarma and hummus.
If adding more liquid to your oil before baking, make sure to whisk it separately, then gently pour over the pita triangles in batches to ensure they don’t get too wet. This will prevent them from getting crispy in the oven. If possible, stick with dry seasonings.
What To Serve with Homemade Pita Chips
- Spicy Chipotle Guacamole
- Mediterranean Salsa
- Warm French Onion Dip
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Easy Bruschetta
- Salsa Verde
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Guacamole
- Loaded Mexican Toppings
- Easy 7 Layer Dip
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Caprese with Blistered Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella
- Baked BLT Dip
Store leftover pita chips in an airtight container or plastic bag — making sure to seal tightly after each time it’s opened — and keep on the counter for several days (if they last that long, which they won’t.)
More Recipes To Try
If you liked these spicy homemade pita chips, then you’ll love these recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a review! This helps other readers and my website! I love to hear your feedback!
Homemade Spicy Pita Chips
Super Easy Homemade Spicy Pita Chips. So much better than store bought. Only 4 ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 4 pitas cut into 8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, or more if you like it really spicy!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add pitas to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat the pita chips.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway. Take out of the oven and let the chips cool on the pan. Serve with your favorite dips and salsas! Store leftover chips at room temperature in an airtight container.