Super Easy Mediterranean Salsa. Light, healthy and loaded with tons of flavor. Serve as an appetizer or side dish!
I love making salsa in the summer with fresh fruits and veggies. This time I wanted to incorporate cucumbers and cherry tomatoes which we have a lot of. I loaded this salsa up with fresh cherry tomatoes, olives, red onions, chickpeas and cucumbers. It’s light, healthy and uses up a lot of summer vegetables and herbs. I also add a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
This salsa takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. Chop up all of the veggies, toss with some lemon juice, olive oil and serve!
- 1 10.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 cup olives diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.